23 February 2006

Another Update

I'm not going to use my blog as a forum for slagging off people during this change in my life. I won't stoop to that level. Things are stressed, but I'll get through them. Ricky and Jack seem happier than I've ever seen them. My ex-husband, a frequent commenter on this blog, and his wife have been amazingly kind, letting me sleep in Jack's room. I never would have thought it, but like they said, if something happens to me, the boys suffer. Lynn and Steve have also been stars by letting Malorie and Braden stay with them.

I'm looking forward to having a place of my own. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too puddled and independent to do anything more than be on my own. Maybe that means I'm difficult to live with, I don't know, but I'm ready to just be myself for the sake of myself without having to answer to anyone, so long as things don't affect my kids.

I have other things to look forward to, like the upcoming Law Ball. Natalie and I have been trying to talk my friend Jamie into going, even though he's not a law student. I think it would be great to have him there! I've leaned on his shoulder enough in the past year so I'd like to repay him a bit by having a good night out.

So I'm obviously bearing up well and prepared for things to come. I probably haven't reacted the way most people would expect, but if they disapprove, I'm afraid I can't do anything about it. I'm just me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Mel!

10:11 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Keep your chin up, Mel! Things will work out!

11:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you and the kids are ok. Keep strong Melinda - everything will turn out ok in the end!

6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home