12 October 2006

Found Friends!

This seems to be a time for finding and meeting up with old friends. I couldn't be happier! Last week was my godson Morgan's birthday so I had a message from his mum and my best friend Michelle. I hadn't seen her since February when I moved out of the house in Mastin Moor, and I hadn't heard from her since just before my surgery in July. She came up last Wednesday for a coffee and a gossip, and then again tonight, and it's been great! Just like old times!

I've also heard from a friend of mine from the David Couthard Supporter's Club. I made a few very good friends there - Sandra, Si, Thom, Nati, Pauline ... And I have been able to keep in touch with most of them (though I need to find Nati again!) But tonight I had a chance to chat to one who had been missing, another Simon, and I have to say that I really have missed him! I don't think we've spoken since the DCSC forum shut down about two years ago. What's important is that we're back in touch now, and I'm over the moon! He better stay in touch this time too!

I'm also planning a trip to Texas for later this year, and when I'm there I'll be meeting up with some of my friends from my high school days, including my very first boyfriend Don! I'll also get to meet some of the people I've been chatting to via my high school's forum but didn't really know when I was in school. I'm especially looking forward to hanging out with Chad, Caro and Sheila! Whoa,I don't think that Texas will be the same after the four of us are through!

1 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Look out Texas! Here comes Mel! LOL :P :D

I hope you have a great time while you're there, Mel. By the way, Sara will be here in about 10 days! :D Woot woot!

3:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home