27 November 2004

My "I'm a Celebrity" Update

I lasted as long as I possibly could, but after a week I decided to jot down my thoughts on the happenings in the jungle. It's definitely not as gripping as the last series, but it's not too bad. At least it's one reality TV series without Simon Cowell.

Brian Harvey, former East 17 singer. Well, he's outta there. He did a runner and fled to the comfort of a four star hotel on the Gold Coast. To be fair, when he was on the flight from the UK to Australia, his grandmother died, and he still chose to go into the jungle. Unfortunately he was driven crazy by the flies that one tends to find in the wild, and he drove Janet Street-Porter crazy by farting constantly.

Fran Cosgrave, nightclub owner and model dater. I didn't expect to like Fran because he seems to be one of those people who has earned his "fame" (I never heard of him before this) by dating people who are actually famous. I do like him though. He's charming, funny and seems to be a gentleman. Apart from that I can't say much because he's kinda quiet, or at least the editors aren't showing much of him.

"Huggy Bear" Antonio Fargas, former TV actor. I grew up seeing Huggy Bear on the telly, and now he's transferred his cool to the rainforest. Most of the comments I've heard have said that he's lazy, but face it, everyone stuck in that jungle is lazy because there's not much to do! He's done a wonderful job of looking after the pet baby emus.

Janet Street-Porter, gobby journalist. Well, if she can call herself a "moaning old cow", then so can I. I alternate between liking her and hating her. She had a point when she told Brian off for farting next to where she was trying to cook the camp's dinner, but I think she's out of line by saying there are others who talk just to hear their own voices. That's the pot calling the kettle black. But most of the time she seems to have a great sense of humour.

Joe Pasquale, comedian. Awwww, Joe seems a real sweety! I know he's the current favourite to win, and he's probably deserves it. He doesn't take sides, and he tries to keep everyone happy.

Nancy Sorrell, underwear model. I don't usually like the models that ITV sticks in the jungle, but Nancy seems like a nice person. She hasn't done any of the trials or anything like that, but every time I've seen her on the show, she's been pleasant and friendly.

Natalie Appleton, former singer. The less said about Natalie the better. She whinges, whines and complains. She's a big baby. She needs to get out of there and go home, except evidently she was airsick on the flight Down Under so she might consider a slow boat ride back to England. Or Canada. Or America. Or wherever she's decided she's from. The accent alone changes faster than her mood.

Paul Burrell, former Royal butler. I didn't think I'd like this guy either. Honestly, I don't usually make judgments about people I don't know, but you know how you just get a sense whether or not you would like someone? I always thought of Paul as an opportunist, making money off the fact he used to be the butler to Princess Diana. But I loved the story he told about catching the Queen in her bedroom trying on her crown before the State Opening of Parliament while wearing her pink fuzzy slippers.

Sheila Ferguson, singer. Bossy old bat. She's nosy and seems two-faced to me. I hope she's the first voted out of the jungle.

Sophie Anderton, model. Natalie went ballistic at her for being a "prima donna", but she's been a hard worker. Okay, so she has a good figure (which I would love to have but no chance of that) and looks pretty for the cameras. As far as I can see she's not doing anything the rest of them aren't doing. I'm on Sophie's side in this one.

Vic Reeves, comedian. Well that was a big surprise, having an 11th person join them in the jungle, and it was even more surprising that it was Nancy's husband. It'll be interesting if we get to see a domestic between them, but so far the only thorn in the domestic bliss has been Janet shouting at Nancy for sneaking off for a snog with the hubby.

And out of all of them, I still prefer the koala.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home