22 December 2004

Diary Entry

11.02 am I am so paranoid sitting here in the shop on my own. Every time a man walks past and looks in the window, I jump a bit. I don't know why I should be so nervous because the man who phoned Tuesday was very polite and didn't say anything out of order. And I'm the one who usually calls Malorie the Drama Queen!

Jo came in for a bit of a chat and to buy her dad a Christmas present. She's so funny. I asked her if she's going to be drunk up at the corner shop where she works tomorrow like she was last year on Christmas Eve. Raj and Sue always pour drinks for the customers. Last year I went in with one of the boys to get some milk, and Sue grabbed a bottle of Bailey's off the shelf and poured me a glass, then started handing out sweets to the kids.

Simon says I have a package there from Kim. Cool! I thought he was going to say I'd had a delivery from Australia because I did a few weeks ago, and he wasn't impressed. Then it turned out it was something from the Mark Webber Supporter's Club, not from my mate Pete! He was a bit sheepish over that, I think.

12.34 pm One of my regular customers isn't having a very merry Christmas. Her dog has just been diagnosed with liver tumours. The poor thing. I know I'm mad at Mitch for eating Jack's birthday cake, but at the end of the day that's what pets do: piss off their owners. I would be devastated if something happened to him, and we've only had him a few months. She's had her dog for 15 years!

I've packaged up my last pre-Christmas candle order. Thank goodness for that! I can't wait to sell tons more candles, but I want a break. I hope I sell more anyway. I've been doing pretty well lately but want to conquer the handmade candle market in Britain!

2.33 pm I'm trying not to get stressed. I thought Simon was coming up to the shop around noon-ish so I could get Jack a replacement birthday cake, wrap some presents, have a shower and get ready for when we go to Marie and Graham's tonight. It was almost 2.00 before he made it. I did find Jack a cake though. It's not wonderful, but it's better than nothing.

I can imagine that I'm going to have a major hangover in the morning. I've opened the shop three out of four days this week, so I'm thinking it's Simon's turn to have the early start tomorrow!

6.18 pm Jack seems to have had a nice birthday, but boy! are the boys hyper! Almost time to take them back to their dad's. They're just finishing their pizza.

At least the dog didn't eat the second birthday cake!

9.15 pm We made it round to Marie and Graham's. It's just a shame Marie wasn't there. They forgot she was at work tonight! We stayed and visited with Graham for a bit, and I had one bottle of Stella, but that was enough. We were watching a programme on Discovery Channel where John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten) was investigating cockroaches. Graham made a comment about cross-breeding cockroaches with headlice, and without thinking, I said "You'd get cocklice." Of course I had to run upstairs to the toilet because I nearly peed on myself laughing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home