18 January 2005

Diary Entry

9.24 am I am so shattered I can't begin to understand how I've managed to stay awake so long. Simon tossed and turned and twitched all night. I thought he had ants in his pants from all the twitching and jumping. For some reason he kept trying to push me off the bed, too. I need to study, but I am wrecked. What pissed me off isn't that he kept me awake. He couldn't help that. It's that this morning when I woke him up, he decided to have a lie in for another hour, and then before he got up told me to go make him a cup of tea! He still stayed in bed another 15 minutes after that. I'm waiting for him to take me to the shop, and he's still sitting in his pajamas in the kitchen smoking and drinking tea. I am so cranky I don't even feel like myself today.

2.32 pm After writing the above, I laid down on the couch while waiting for Simon to get dress, drink his tea and smoke his cigarettes, and he woke me up to tell me he was going to work in the shop for me! I feel guilty now for being so cranky this morning. I fell straight back to sleep and only woke up just before 2.00 when the BT engineer came out to check on our broadband connection to see if he could figure out why it kept disconnecting on us a few days ago. I think Simon's going to be a bit pissed off when he realises he missed him, but I think he wanted to vent some of his frustration at the poor engineer. BT hadn't even told him what the problem was we'd been having, so that would have been a waste of breath.

Well, looks like Pete's up and done a runner for a while. I have no clue where he's gone and didn't even know he was going anywhere. What a plonker. Just a message to all the moderators on FE and that was it. That's typical of him though.

6.29 pm It's almost quiet enough to study with the little guys at their dad's tonight! I've taken four or five pages of notes, and I'm making good progress. I'm only doing extensive note taking using the book I'm reading now. After I finish this, I'm going to scan my other books for specific topics (postivisim, Classicism, the Chicago school, strain, anomie, sub-cultural theory, etc.). I narrowed down the topics I was going to revise since there will be six questions and I choose two to answer. I revised more than just two criminological theories though, in case one of them doesn't show up as a question or the question doesn't make sense. Fingers crossed anyway. At least 24 hours from now it will be over.

I'm trying to teach Malorie to respect the rules of the house. She complains that she will be 16 soon and we don't treat her like an adult, but she won't follow the simplest of rules. This morning, for example, she and Braden left for school before 7.45. The rule is that, if they leave before 8.00, they have to let either myself or Simon know. School doesn't start until 8.45, and it most definitely doesn't take an hour to get there, even walking. I know because I used to walk occasionally when I was a governor at their school and had to go to meetings before Simon finished working on the ice cream van. So when they came in from school, I told them they were not going to play out. Braden tried to argue that he didn't leave until 7.50. Even if that were true, it still means he left before 8.00 without telling me. Malorie just cried. "But Leah and Skinner called for us!" It's obvious what is most important to her, and it isn't family. She's decided to try to get into the sixth form doing business studies next year. I was impressed until I discovered she wants to stay at sixth form because Skinner and Pandy are a year younger and will still be at Netherthorpe next year. She could take a course at Clowne College, but she doesn't want to do that. She would rather go to the college in town, which is much farther, because that's where most of her friends are going. I know I wasn't that bad at her age! My best friends weren't going to university, but that didn't stop me from making plans to go. I only knew a few people who were going to the same university I chose, and I rarely saw them once I got there.

12.13 am I'm making progress on the studying, but I have so much info floating around in my head I don't know if I'll be able to pull it out when I need it during the exam! At least the migraine is gone. That helps.

I got a big thrill earlier! I realised it had been ages since I'd checked in on the Mark Webber forum, and when I did, I saw they posted a picture of Mark holding the collage with all of our pictures on it the group did for him as a Christmas present! I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was so weird seeing Mark Webber holding a picture of me! Excited doesn't describe how I felt seeing that. I'm going to print it off, frame it and hang it up with my other F1 memorabilia. Well, as soon as we finish decorating the walls where I'm going to hang my F1 memorabilia. I'd have painted it already, but Simon needs to do some plastering. That's on the list of things I have for him to do around the house that I hope he gets to soon. If not, I'll do it myself. I'm wanting to hang up my prized possessions: an autographed picture of DC, an autographed picture of Mark Webber, my copy of the collage and the picture of him holding his!



I must be craving carbohydrates today. All I've wanted to eat have been cream crackers and Pringles. I haven't had a single bite of chocolate all day, and haven't been bothered by that. Then again, my period started yesterday, and the mad rush to devour all chocolates within range has subsided.

2.09 am I'm still awake! I've been studying, then Pete popped up so I asked him if he's disappearing on holiday or going into hospital. He does that occasionally because of some health problems he has, so when he does disappear for a few days, I worry about him. I would any of my friends. This time, fortunately, it's just an unexpected surprise trip with his mum to check out some property she might buy, or something like that.

I've been worried today because my godson Morgan, who is four, had an appointment at hospital today to check on his heart condition. Shell said he was so brave when they drew his blood. He also had to have an ECG and an x-ray, and when he goes back in March, they'll probably decide whether or not they are going to do surgery on his heart. I hope they don't. I remember how worried I was when the doctor told me Braden had a heart murmur, but we were lucky because his was the kind that he just outgrew. I can only imagine what Shell must be going through.

I could have kicked Simon earlier because Shell sent me a text message to tell me about the appointment earlier this afternoon, then asked if I would go on MSN to chat with her about it after 9.00. I told her she'd need to remind me because I would be studying but would be glad to chat to her, so she said she'd send me another text message when she was on. She didn't send me a message, but she did ask Simon, who was logged into MSN, to tell me she was on. He says he told me. He didn't though. He told the empty kitchen. That was a bit useless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home