08 February 2005

Chinese New Year and My Kids

I love how my youngest sons' school teaches cultural diversity! It's a Church of England school, but they go to great lengths to teach respect for other cultures and religions, which is one reason why I chose that school in the first place. Of course, for the past couple of weeks they have been studying the Chinese New Year. Ricky and Jack have even learned a few words of Chinese, and tomorrow they're having a big party at school.

When they got home from school today, Jack immediately went upstairs, changed out of his uniform, and started cleaning everything in sight. I don't mean just picking up his toys. I mean scrubbing things, like doors and mirrors. I could hear him talking to Ricky upstairs, and he said, "We have to have everything clean because it's the Chinese New Year tomorrow. Our family and friends will be coming over. Maybe Steve, Lynn, Ashley and James will come over! We'll have lots of good stuff to eat, too!" I was impressed.

I don't have the heart to tell him he's going to his dad's house tomorrow after school.

Yahoo.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home