03 February 2005

Diary Entry

7.22 am Today is going to be a crap day. I'm shattered already, I have to be at uni at 9.00 am, and I don't finish until 6.00 pm. I wonder what the chances of me crawling into the car for a nap are!

10.13 pm Oh geez, what a day! I hate the Thursdays when I don't finish until 6! By the time it was all over, I had a raging headache and still had to drive the 11 miles home!

Today was actually a good day, for the most part. Usually I spend most of my time on my own, but it seemed like today was different. Emma and I sat together through our first seminar and two lectures, and we went to the library and chatted away in the hour break between things. During our criminal justice systems seminar the tutor, David, said the four of us who showed up were "brilliant" because of our grasp on a couple of the ideas he put in an exercise we had to do.

Then after I had some lunch, I was sitting in the Heart of the Campus when one of the guys who is in the same criminology lectures sat near me. He overheard me call Simon on my mobile to tell him something funny I read in the Yorkshire Post -- IKEA is going to start selling "flat-pack" houses! -- and he struck up a conversation. His name is Jamie, and he's also an "older" student. We had a great conversation about politics, criminology, sociology, etc. That was nice and I enjoyed his company. He even commented that it was a nice change to speak to someone who was actually into the concepts we've been learning, unlike a lot of the younger students who are more concerned with their social lives.

I got a lot of studying done during the two hour break before my criminal law seminar, and then when I got my crim law essay back, the day seemed to fall apart. I was really proud of the work I did on that, and I got a mark that totally sucked. I passed, but I didn't get a very high mark. The tutor said that anyone who wanted feedback could stay after, and I was the only taker. Considering most of the students failed completely, that surprised me, but I wanted to be sure I could get some advice to help me bring my grade up when I take the exam in May since the essay is 50% and the exam is 50%. I think it was time well spent. I understand where I went wrong. I'm not quite sure how to go about correcting it yet, but at least I'm in a better position than I would have been if I hadn't asked him to go through it with me. I'm still very surprised that I did better on my tort essay than criminal law. I'm really dreading getting my other two essays and my exam back now.

Malorie was 50 minutes late coming in again tonight! She once more tried to blame Braden, saying he told her the wrong time before he came in at 7. I wish she would just take responsibility for her actions. She was late, she's responsible for keeping track of time, and she has to accept that. Still, she's not as upset as she was on Tuesday when I told her not to ask to go out yesterday, and this time she's grounded all weekend!

I came home and had an hour's nap, and my headache is gone now. It was coming from my neck muscles, so I must still have a touch of that whiplash-type injury Dr Cook said I got in my fall down the stairs. Once I lie down and let my muscles relax, the headaches go away. Now I'm going to go take a nice hot shower and see if that helps me chill a bit more.

12.38 am Almost bedtime, but I thought I would blog some more while watching "Robin Hood: Men in Tights". It's dumb, but sometimes dumb is good. It lets my mind wander. I'm not really paying attention to it anyway. I really should be doing some reading, but I've had it up to the eyeballs with studying today. I made a card, and now that Simon's gone to bed, I'm going to try to make him a Valentine's card. Well, on second thought, I ordered some more card making stuff last night, so I might wait until that arrives before I try it.

I made one for my grandmother last night. Of course, Simon forgot to post it, along with the candle order I said had to go out today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home