09 February 2005

Trip to Brussels

Okay, I'm starting to get excited about my "school trip" to Brussels! We had a meeting tonight for all the students going, and it really sounds like a total blast. They've arranged for us to tour the European Union institutions (the Council, Parliament and Commission) as well as go on tours of the Stella Artois brewery and the Duval Chocolate factory. BUT none of those tours are mandatory. Basically, we can do whatever we want.

I found a picture on a website about Brussels when I was double checking that I wouldn't need a visa to visit Belgium (with me being a US citizen). I am going to have so much fun with my new camera!

5 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

I'm jealous.

10:09 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

There are still some places available, and they said they don't care if those going are students are not because the university has to pay regardless. LMAO Think you could make it over in time?

11:00 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Unfortunately, no. Damn. Damn, damn, damn.

9:00 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

That's a shame! I could have taken Simon with me, but his ex-wife burned his passport years ago and he's never bothered to replace it. I'm going to be sure he does in the next few weeks though so if another opportunity like this comes up, he can go. You know, we never had a honeymoon, this would have been a nice one! LOL

10:42 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Well, you see, that's part of my problem, too. My passport is expired. I don't think it's possible for me to get it renewed in time, even if I could make the trip. Ah well.

7:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home