08 February 2005

Hello To a Reader

I tend to forget that I have a signature that automatically goes out with my emails, so it was a surprise when I was informed by my ex-husband (the second one) that he has checked out my blog(s). Not that that bothers me. I hadn't thought about it but realised that I haven't done any ex-husband slagging. For the sake of the current and future peace-process, I'm glad of that.

I'm sure he probably still refers to me as "The Bitch", but I'm okay with that. Simon calls me a bitch, and I say, "Yeah, and?" I bought some pajamas at my favourite lingerie shop at Gatwick, La Senza, that says "Purrrrfect". Simon said, "It's a shame they don't say 'Bitch'". I agreed. In fact, I would have paid full price for a pair that said "Bitch" instead of half price for the "Purrrrfect" ones.

The old me would have balked at the idea of being called a bitch. The new me embraces it. I am a bitch and damn proud of it. I'm trying to teach my daughter the same thing. She says her brother Braden calls her a bitch frequently. I told her to turn around and do like I do: "Yeah, and?" This is the 21st century, and being a bitch is IN, at least in my books. Take it as a compliment, even when you know it wasn't meant as one. You know you've been noticed when someone calls you that.

Oh, and Richard, if you're reading this, welcome to my blog, but there will be no nude photos.

8 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Yeah, keep wishing for those nudes, mate! :-P

I pointed him to it, in a way. The link was in the signature of my email when I was making arrangments to pick up the kids for the weekend because of the half-term holiday next week. LOL

7:20 pm  
Blogger Jenni said...

You are right, women should be happy to have some "bitchitude" in them. :)

8:46 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Amen to that! I like that word: "Bitchitude". I'm adding that to my vocabulary!

8:53 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Looks like you took to informing your ex in the same way I took to informing mine . . . unintentionally, via email signature. I've since removed the signature from my emails. Still, she may still be reading my blog, especially if she chose to bookmark it. Whatever. I'm not changing what I write.

I remember doing a quick scan through my blog after that happened, just to see if I had done any slagging about my ex. I found, perhaps, one instance where I had. I've been too focused on other things to bitch about her. (Even now, knowing that she could very well be reading my blog, I don't even think about it. She never even comes into mind. I just write.) The one thing she did complain about turned out to be a complete misinterpretation of what I had said. Her misinterpretation was due to her failure to read and understand a very small, yet very significant word: IF.

5:35 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

And, for the record, I've never called her a 'bitch' in my blog. I never call her a 'bitch' in front of our sons, either. The only time I've ever done that is in a private conversation with my mum. (Well, I may have done so in an email with a friend, or two, but that's about the extent of it.) I just prefer to try to keep things as civil as possible. So long as I have to pay child support, I have to deal and relate with her. No need to complicate the shit any further.

5:37 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm not worried about him reading it. He's more than welcome, the same as anyone else. Then again, I don't have anything to hide, just like you, so I won't change anything about how and what I write either.

5:37 am  
Blogger Pamela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear! I've always felt that you know you've become comfortable being who you are, when you can accept someone calling you a bitch (or whatever) and you honestly don't care! That, to me, is freedom!!

11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home