31 March 2005

Diary Entry

1.11 am God what a day! I planned on doing so much, and because I didn't sleep well, I ended up overlaying this morning. I eventually managed to wake myself up and drag Braden to IKEA -- Yippee! I've had an IKEA fix! -- but the wardrobes I wanted were out of stock. I got the next best thing, though I have a feeling that two aren't going to fit in the space in their room. Well, if I take one back, it will give me an excuse to do some more shopping there!

I bought some cool stuff, too. I got a glass lamp to go on my desk so I can study here instead of the coffee table (this chair is more comfy than the floor). Simon asked why I bought it when I have a desk lamp, and I said that I bought that desk lamp when my desk was upstairs. Now it's in the living room and I wanted something a bit classier. Besides, it was only £4. Let's see, I also got a pitcher to replace the one Simon broke, some green glass vases like the pink ones I have in my bedroom, new pillows for all the kids, the two wardrobes, a rug for the boys' room, a poster and frame for their room (a car one to fit in with their new theme), a new shower curtain, a milk frother for my coffee (which is SO cool!), Swedish meatballs, Swedish hotdogs and Swedish potato and meat hash of some kind. I think that's it. I wish I could win the lottery so I could go totally IKEA mad! Actually, if I won the lottery, I'd go to Sweden to do some shopping!

When I got home from IKEA, I was about to get started on getting their old chest of drawers and wardrobes out of there when Simon said he needed to go buy some bits for the new kitchen sink he's been putting in (his dad gave us their old one, which is in better shape than the one we had), so I tagged along to get the paint for the boys' room. Blue for Braden and Ricky, green for Jack.

When I got home from B&Q, I managed to take apart the chest of drawers and wardrobes while Malorie dragged them down stairs one piece at a time. By the time I got the steamer and found a scraper to start taking the wall paper off, it was after midnight. Oh, I also made a late night trip to Tesco for some Domestos and other bits.

The boys' room is a disaster area. The landing is a disaster area because I've had to shift stuff onto there that needs going into the attic. The kitchen is a disaster area because Simon's had to move stuff around to put the new sink in. The living room isn't bad, and my bedroom still looks great.

Now I'm wrecked and ready for some sleep, but I'm on the couch tonight because Simon hasn't slept well lately, and if I'm not there for him to worry about keeping awake, he might rest easier. I sleep better on the couch a lot of times anyway because Simon pushes me off the bed every single night, and once I'm asleep so I can't kick him off, the dog gets up by my feet and crowds me as well.

Ricky must be turning into a chat addict. I can't get on the computer without him striking up a conversation with me. Bless him, he said he wanted to cry because he was missing me so bad, but I told him that he didn't need to worry because his dad is going to drop him off here later today. He was happy with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home