14 March 2005

News Reporters Don't Always Use Their Brains

Sometimes I wonder why they hire people to be news reporters. This is a true story. I actually heard this news report on the radio this afternoon on my way to pick the kids up from school. It is a real news story.

The news reader said that an elderly man was beheaded in a busy street in London this morning, in full view of mums taking their kids to school and other people passing by. No one knows why it happened, she said. Then she gave some quotes from witnesses. It was her ending to the story that made me roll my eyes.

"The victim died."

You're joking? People die from being beheaded?

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Really? I'm both shocked and appalled. (2 p's, 2 l's???)Sure is a good thing that reporter cleared things up for us.
On the other hand...I'm just about dying of giggles and as we both know that's sometimes a tragic thing when pregnant>>>>GOTTA' GOOOOOO........

1:26 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Um, ew.

2:29 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Raida, I know all about those pregnant giggling crises! Don't stray far from a toilet if you think something funny is going to happen!

Yep, I agree, Gary. Ew. And to the reporter: Duh.

6:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home