01 April 2005

Decorating Day One

I love IKEA! I could spend a lottery win there easily, but for now I'll have to settle with buying one bit at a time. Last year I bought furniture for my room. This pic shows the "in between" stage of decorating. I don't know why I didn't take another one when I was finished. I'll have to do that tomorrow when I have the energy.



I was going to take the wallpaper down and paint the walls, but in a few years when Malorie moves out on her own, we're trading rooms with the boys and turning hers into a dressing room/office for me. The wallpaper isn't bad, so I can live with it. I'm the one who picked it out in the first place, but the floral stuff was just a phase I was going through. I've gone off wallpaper all together now.

Anyway today was day one on the boys' room. I went to IKEA and bought their new wardrobes, a rug and a poster and frame. I also went to the DIY place to get the paints I thought they would like -- green and blue, as requested.

I've taken the old wardrobes down and hauled them outside. You don't want to know what I found behind those old wardrobes! Geez, I wondered why their room always smelled funny!

I made a small start on stripping wallpaper. I'm too wrecked now to do anymore. I ache all over, and I even smashed one of my fingers when Braden and I were loading the boxes with the new wardrobes into the car!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I loooove IKEA. I can't wait until I am done with school and not moving every year and can actually invest in more decorative stuff. :)

4:59 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

I think IKEA is wonderful! Everything looks so neat and organised, which is entirely opposite to my house -- how can things be neat and organised with five kids and a dog, let alone my husband? LMAO The bedrooms are already getting the IKEA treatment, and the bathroom is almost there. Living room next!

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home