18 June 2005

Answers to Gary's Questions

I thought this was worthy of it's own post instead of just responding to his comment with another comment.

That looks like a really damned small office. :P But you probably know better than I do. How big is it, by the way?

Yep, it's damned small. Eight foot by six foot. But there's room for my craft stuff, my study stuff (I've left all the "good" books in the house where there's less chance of something happening to them), and me. Too much room and I don't have the excuse of there not being enough room when the kids try to invade.

Oh, and is it well-ventilated?

It is when I open the door.

And air-conditioned?

In England? Who has air conditioning in England? We don't even have it in the house! And on days like today, I wish we did ...

And heated?


I have a space heater.

Does it have plumbing?


Can't you see the toilet under the desk? *rolls eyes*

Have I asked you enough questions?


I'm used to it. I have kids.

Or should I ask more?


I can tune you out.

Will one more do?


You do remind me of the kids. I'd send you to your room but I suspect you're already there.

How about another?


La la la la la la la I can't hear you.

3 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

You can too hear me! :P

Man, but that's small. Not much bigger than this computer room. It's about 11 x 9.

Can I ask you some more questions? :P :P :P

Just think what it'll be like when I'm around to visit for a weekend and to see the British Grand Prix. Heh.

1:19 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

It's small, but that actually has a plus side to it: the kids can't invade! I only have to say "Sorry, there's no room for you guys to play in here while I study" and they're back playing somewhere else!

It's bloody hot in there during the middle of the day though now that we're having a bit of a heat wave!

4:55 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

I can imagine that it's bloody hot in there! Here's a silly idea. Buy two fans and cut two holes into the walls. Set one fan to blow in, the other to blow out. The one blowing in should be on the bottom. The one blowing out at the top. Put them on opposite walls. Build a small shelf near the bottom fan and fill it with ice. There you go! A home-made air-conditioner! LOL

The reason you want the fan blowing out on top is simple physics: heat rises.

3:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home