27 July 2005

Boys And Their Toys

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Simon has taken over the television in the living room. Normally I can't get him to get his ass out of his chair in front of the computer, but now he has a new digital satellite system!

We've had Sky Digital ever since I moved in with him in December 2000. This is a different satellite system that allows him to pick up a couple thousand more channels.

What baffles me is that most of the good channels are encrypted, and we already get them through Sky. Out of the channels that aren't encrypted, only a few are English language channels.

So we are the proud owners of a satellite system that opens the doors to other cultures, if we could only figure out what they're saying. It's back to the German lessons for me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home