12 August 2005

Still Down in the Dumps

I'm trying to kick myself back into gear, but today's just been depressing. The weather is crap, the house is too quiet, and I still feel weak from my stomach virus. I did get to speak to Ricky and Jack while they were waiting to board their plane to Tenerife, which cheered me up some. I almost missed them. They tried ringing me on my mobile while I was driving, and my phone was in my bag so I never heard it ring. If I had, I would have pulled over to speak to them!

Once I got home, I mentioned to Simon that I had five missed calls while I was driving, and he said, "Oh that would have been Ricky. He just rang here because he couldn't get hold of you". I burst into tears. Once I pulled myself together, I sent their dad a text message apologising for not being there when they called, and fortunately he gave the phone back to Ricky to try me again.

Of course both of them had to be silly when I told them to be careful. They wanted to know why they have to be careful. Duh.

I got out for a while (in the pouring rain) to get Simon's belated birthday presents -- a new shirt and a Renault F1 model for him to put together. I knew he was wanting one of those because he pointed them out to me the last time we were in town together.

I had been looking forward to going out tomorrow night and drinking myself silly, but that's been postponed another week because one of my friends can't make it. I still get to taxi Simon and Allan tonight. Simon asked why I don't join them, but somehow I don't think two hours of listening to them discuss downloads, computers, mobiles and crap like that is my idea of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home