29 September 2005

My Lovely Neighbours

Several months ago, Malorie came into the house and told me that a woman who lived at the opposite end of the estate stopped her to tell her her mother (meaning me) was so fat she looked like she (meaning I) was pregnant. It upset me at the time, but I think it upset Malorie even more. There was no reason for the woman -- notice I do not use the term "lady" -- to do such a thing. It was spiteful and uncalled for.

Today I found out who the woman was. It's my lovely new neighbour across the road with the spotlight in her front garden. You know the one. I've blogged about her before. She's the one who was taken away in a police car within a week of moving into that house.

I mention this neighbour again, not just because I found out who it was making the crass remarks, but because of Malorie's comments. She said, "She might have thought you looked pregnant then, but you don't now and she's put on loads of weight! Every time I see her, she's eating junk!"

I think my neighbour's karma has turned her words back onto her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home