26 September 2005

Neighbours from Hell Part 3

Okay, now I'm pissed off. My next door neighbour has decided to build a bonfire in his back garden in the middle of the afternoon.

Why should that piss me off? I'm out in my back garden trying to get some work done in my "office". I have the cushions from the kitchen chairs drying on the clothes line. Not to mention we have strong winds blowing today.

Guess which direction they're blowing?

I'm going to have to pack all my work up and take it inside before I drop dead from smoke inhalation. I had to take my cushions inside because they have to be washed again.

And if anything on my side of the fence catches fire, he's going to get a Texas size ass-chewing from this bitch.

Update - 10.54 pm: The good news is the fire didn't spread, by some miracle, despite the strong winds.

The bad news is I didn't get into the house in time. I have some minor smoke inhalation damage, but I'm hoping it'll clear up quickly without me going to the doctor. Trying to get in to see my doctor is crap now anyway, so I'd be lucky to get an appointment right away.

I'm still pissed off, but my neighbour always thinks he's in the right because he owns his house and ours is just rented. I told Simon that yes, we should buy this house next year after I have a real job because it's our best hope of getting onto the property ladder. But once the time limit is up where the discount for buying a council property becomes permanent (if you sell before then, you have to pay back the discount amount), we're selling up and buying somewhere else! This neighbourhood is just not what it used to be! (No, I don't mean you, Lynn and Steve! You guys are the most sane insane neighbours we have!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home