05 October 2005

Busy Week!

I've completely lost track of what day of the week it is. All day I've been thinking it's Thursday, even though I had a meeting and a martial arts class that I knew were on Wednesday. I still keep thinking tomorrow is Friday.

Weight Watchers this morning: I was absolutely sure I had put on a pound or two since the last meeting because of my two trips to IKEA (with corresponding hot dogs), not walking as much as I'd been used to, and snacking frequently because I've been rushing about here and there. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I've lost another pound. That brings the total to 22 and a half pounds since the second week in July. Hopefully I can get into a routine now, and packing a lunch to take with me to uni will help. The catering services on campus aren't very nutrition friendly.

I had my first Tae Kwon Do class this afternoon, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed it! I came out of there feeling really pumped with self-confidence, even though I only learned a few things. The instructor was great! He said we don't have to go through the grading system for the different belts, we can just come along and learn in the beginners' class, but I think I'd like to at least try to see how far I can make it. I don't know if I'm a natural at it or the instructor was trying to boost my confidence, but he asked if I've ever studied martial arts before and seemed surprised when I said no. I did mention that I had been a dancer, but that was 20 years ago. He said that probably explains it. Once you do something like that, you don't completely forget techniques. But I definitely can't kick as high as I used to!

I also had a Law Society meeting this afternoon and had a chance to catch up with a few friends I haven't spoken to in ages, like my roommate from the Brussels trip in February, Vicky. We've both signed up to go again this coming February! But I'm determined not to drink as much on the last night. I never had a hangover until the morning we came back to England, and that was no fun on the coach! At least I didn't puke my guts up like some of the others did. Okay, not on the coach anyway. The trip is going to be a bit different this time, with three nights in Brussels and two nights in Strasbourg. Vicky and I are going to share a room again because we got along really well last time. We did stuff together, and we did stuff on our own, which suits both of us perfectly. She's the first person at uni to notice I've lost weight, but like Simon said, "That's because you've slept with her". That was quite funny. I didn't realise he was that witty on the spur of the moment.

Malorie hasn't had such a good day. She's having trouble with her work placement, mostly because she just hasn't put the effort in she should, but partly because the school doesn't inform the parents just what it is their kids are supposed to be doing! If they had, I could have cracked the whip a few times. They were happy to inform me when it's almost too late to sort anything else out. She might have to change to a different course at the college in town, if that's possible. Fingers crossed she can find another placement in the next couple of days because she really wants to stay at her school. I just don't think they're very friendly to students who aren't at the top of the class, at least in the Sixth Form. I agree that they have to learn to cope in the "real world" and not have their hands held every step of the way, but I also think it should be recognised that they're only 16 and still immature and ignorant in a lot of ways.

Tomorrow isn't going to be a lazy day because I still have a ton of stuff I need to do, but I don't have any lectures, seminars, classes or meetings. I'm going to have a bit of rest before getting busy doing the garden and housework! No rest for the wicked.

And I have not only lost what day of the week it is, I've completely lost the plot. I accidently posted this in my Photographic Wanderings blog, then couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up on this one! Sheesh!

Not to mention I left a bunch of stuff out that I wanted to say, so I've had to come back and add to this post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home