03 October 2005

Michael Vaughan Autograph



Okay, I don't know much about cricket, but I can honestly say that I probably know more than the average American. I understand the general rules of the game, and I've even been to a match at Lords. The scoring completely baffles me. As long as someone tells me who's winning, though, I'm okay.

Recently England beat Australia in the Ashes, so cricket is on the rise in popularity, and one of the England cricketers, Michael Vaughan, was near my campus this afternoon signing autographs. He has green and white charity bands to raise money for Sheffield Children's Hospital, a very worthy cause in my eyes, seeing as how I've used their services in the past.

Kate met me there (she's cricket mad!), armed with a copy of the picture of Mark Webber pointing to the back of Kate's Vaughan shirt for Michael to sign, and she snapped a picture of me while he was signing my stuff.

I think I have a trend growing here. I seem to have more pictures of the back of my head while I'm meeting celebrities, or at least sporting figures! I have one similar from the karting event two weeks ago, and I even have one of the back of my head while I was speaking to Martin Brundle at his book signing last year! I must have come up with my own gimmick, so to speak!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vaughany... Just-got-out-of-bed-hair.... So cute in his white shirt with that thick chunky cardi...

Mmmmmmm.....!!!!!

Oh, but yes - I watch it for the game! Honest! I love it!

It just helps that there's something else to look at when the game gets a little slow at times!

8:56 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Exactly! ;-)

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and just noticed:

"one of the England cricketers, Michael Vaughan"

ONE of the England cricketers?

You mean "the superb tactical brain, the guy that looks like he's dancing in the crease when he's on form, the guy that captained England to success... The one and only Michael Vaughan"

;-)

8:59 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hey, what do you expect from an American?????? LMAO

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home