17 October 2005

Yep, It's Been One of THOSE Days

You know you're going to have one of those days when your eight year old steps in dog shit just as you're leaving for school, and not only does he take ages getting it off his shoe, he does so all over the pavement outside your back door!

My day did get a bit better. I made it to uni okay, with plenty of time to sit down and do some studying as well as eat my lunch. Unfortunately, I had a bowl of "homemade tomato soup" in the school cafe. Now, I've come to like tomato soup ever since my trip to Brussels last year. On the last full day, I was out souvenir shopping with Dennis and Glyn, and it was one of my favourite memories because it was absolutely chucking down with snow. We stopped at a cafe on the way back to the hotel, but the kitchen was closed and all they had was homemade tomato soup. It was delicious!

Then in July when I went to Buckingham with Kate to the Mark Webber Supporters Club party, we arrived so early we stopped in a cafe, and I had the, you guessed it, tomato and basil soup. Again, delicious!

Someone needs to teach the catering service at my uni to make proper tomato soup. I could tell they had actually used at least some real tomatoes in it because of the tiny bits of skin, but the whole thing smelled of vinegar and tasted like ketchup! Yuck! Ketchup is great on chips, but I'd never eat it straight with a spoon, and that's what this soup was like.

Like a good girl, after my lecture this afternoon, I went to the gym to work out. As soon as I started on the treadmill, I took a drink from my sports bottle, spilt it straight down the front of my top and nearly choked to death. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it was still embarrassing. Soon after, back on the treadmill and jogging at five miles per hour, I caught the cord of my MP3 player and sent it flying behind me. Of course there were lots of people on the stationary bikes back there by this point!

My friend Jamie was in the gym, too. I know I've lost a lot of weight, but I still feel very self-conscious in my work out clothes, though I'm proud because the trousers are a size 12-14 (down from a 16-18). I'm afraid I couldn't really bring myself to speak to him, telling myself it was because he was busy exercising as well. I did manage a couple of smiles, and I even worked out on some of the equipment next to him, but that took something to bring up the courage to do it. When I was finished, I snuck out.

Then, when I was on the tram, I got a text message. It was the highlight of my day and put a big smile on my face. It was from Jamie, telling me to keep up the good work because I'm looking much trimmer. I probably blushed a lot, but I was glad he sent it to me. It's nice having compliments from younger good-looking men in extremely good shape, even if they're just a friend!

So all in all, a fairly typical day for me with a noteworthy moment that made me feel good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home