18 October 2005

My Tuesday

Geez, it's been a long day! A lecture at 10.00 this morning, a four hour break, then a lecture and a seminar one after the other. I haven't eaten properly either because, even though I packed my lunch to take with me, I accidentally burned most of it last night, and that kind of put me off the un-burned part. I had a yogurt and a coffee.

It's funny that I mentioned the last day of my Brussels trip yesterday because I ran into Dennis today, twice in fact. The first time I was queueing for food (no, not soup today), and other than saying hello and confirming that I'm going to Brussels again in February, I was a bit too embarrassed to say anything to him. Don't ask me why. I guess that since I've lost some weight, I've been feeling very self-conscious when I meet up with people who haven't seen me in a few months.

I ran into him again after my seminar, and this time I managed to speak coherently. At least coherently for me. And what was the first thing he said to me? "You're looking very slim"! I'm sure I must have turned a dozen shades of red. He offered me a lift into Sheffield City Centre, and I took him up on the offer, thinking it would save me some time by getting me to a tram stop closer to home. Little did I know the traffic was going to be so bad! Still, I'm not going to complain because it was nice having a chat with him, and we did have a laugh over a few things that happened in Brussels, like the last day in the snow because that was the day he said he was going to have to buy some clothes "for ma bitch", meaning me. It was also when we passed a department store showing videos in the windows -- of lingerie models on a catwalk!

He promises that he's going to have to come up with something good for this year's trip. I told him to bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home