23 November 2005

Dream Bubble Burst

The opportunity for a chance-of-a-lifetime day out at Silverstone came up recently. The Mark Webber Supporters Club, of which I am a member, had a competition, courtesy of Castrol, for this prize:

The winners get to drive real single-seater racing cars around the famous British circuit, plus get personally coached on the finer points of driving by Mark!

The day also includes:

- A Hot Lap in a BMW with Mark behind the wheel (if you think you can handle it!)

- A tour of the BRDC suites at Silverstone where past and present F1 stars mingle

- A Photo and Autograph opportunity with Mark

- Group lunch

- A trip to Williams F1 at Grove for a tour of the Museum and illustrious Trophy room


Well, the day out is on Friday, and since I haven't heard anything, I'm 99.9% sure I'm not one of the six winners. Unfortunately, no one seems to know who the winners are. I wish I knew. I'd like to arrange accidents ... I mean ... congratulate them!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe
I sooooo know how you feel!!!
Guess my lucky streak is over...

Love, Diana

2:27 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

You didn't win either????? I have a feeling no one won because everyone I've heard from said they didn't! If it's six people from the club who never participate in any of the club activities, I won't be impressed. Sour grapes and jealousy speaking there ...

I wish you had won though, Diana. Kate and I both said we would love to see someone from "our gang" go!

5:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so know what you mean Melinda! I can only say if I would win it now it would be a major problem for us to arrange the trip (and get the days off.... Guess I would have to give away my prize than....

7:16 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

That's terrible! Well, if you do hear you win, and you need some help making arrangements, just drop me an email. I'll help however I can. :-)

7:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we lost :(
But if I did win I guess I am forced to give away my prize. If that happens you and Kate will be the lucky ones! This I can say here but not on the forum ;)

7:33 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

LOL I'm 100% sure now that neither Kate nor I won. :-( It's disappointing, but there are positives to it. The weather is supposed to be cold, icy and foggy on Friday, so the trip down to Silverstone and back wouldn't be much fun.

Still, I'm sure spending the day with Mark would have made up for it! Oh well, I suppose I'll have to wait for next year's karting!

7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home