22 November 2005

Oh, It's Going To Be One of Those Days ...

It's not even 9.00 am, and I can already feel it. It's going to be another crap day. I'm missing my 10.00 Equity and Trusts lecture because Simon didn't sleep last night and is too out of it to drive me to the tram station until he's had some rest. It's only the second lecture I've missed this year. The first was yesterday when I missed Land Law because of a migraine.

There are people out today who have no business being out. When I took Ricky and Jack to school, three teenage girls walked straight out in front of my car on the busy main road where I was doing 40. They thought it was funny. Then on my way home, a mum with two small children walked out in front of me. And when I got to the top of a blind hill, a guy in an oncoming car decided he was going to come through regardless of me already being there. He wanted me to reverse back a block! No chance. There were cars behind me, so where could I have gone. He gave me a dirty look, so I gave one back. Stupid man. At least that's one advantage to having a big 4x4. In his little Peugeot, did he really think he could run straight into me and win? At least he used his one brain cell long enough to give way.

Yep. I can tell this day is going to be one of those where I wish I'd stayed in bed.

And it just gets better ...

On the way to uni for my afternoon lecture and seminar, an elderly man and woman pushing another elderly woman in a wheelchair tried to outrun the tram. They made it -- just! And I saw a woman drive her small car up onto a very big kerb just so she could bypass a fairly fast moving queue of traffic. I hope she damaged the undertray of her car!

To top it off, my best friend has had bad news today, and I haven't heard anything about that contest I entered that I so badly wanted to win, which means I haven't won. I'd cry, but the tears just don't want to come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home