08 February 2006

Close But No Cigar

I never should have got my hopes up. I had cancelled my trip to Belgium with the law department, and then today, out of the blue, Dennis tried to talk me out of staying home. He had a great argument and reminded me of how much fun it was last year. I pointed out that I cancelled because of my gall stones, and he said that didn't matter because everyone would take care of me if I had another attack. All I needed to do was scrape up a bit of money for some food.

Well, I tried. I've gone over everything to try and find £50, and while I could probably just manage to get by with taking that much out of the household account, I realised that it's not going to go very far while I'm in Europe. Even if I take food and make my own lunches, it just won't stretch for six days.

Now I'm devastated again. I need to go kick Dennis in the shins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home