07 February 2006

I'm Knackered!

Well this has been a strange birthday! I think it was the cheese on toast that did it. It set the tone for the rest of the day. Or was it the fact that, although I was suffering with an acute attack of gall stones, I still managed to switch the telly on to cricket to watch Sri Lanka against South Africa. Not only that, but despite the codeine, I managed to work out a lot of how the game is scored!

I think codeine might be a good thing for my brain, actually. I found out how I did on my land law assignment when I was in my seminar today. I wrote that paper in such a haze that I didn't expect to do well at all. I got a 61. Under the circumstances, that's an awesome grade! Now if I can only find out that I've done as well in admin law and equity!

Simon cooked the dinner I requested: Chicken Dippers and curly fries with tons of barbecue sauce to dip it all in. Not that it was a cordon bleu recipe that he had to follow, but I'm so stuffed now I think I'm going to pop! That's two nights in a row I have totally stuffed myself!

Thanks to everyone who sent cards, emails and text messages to me over the past couple of days. I have never had so many birthday wishes in my life!

DSCF4002

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you must have deserved all those wishes!!
My guess is there are even more on the way! ;-)

10:47 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Oooooo! I love surprises! :-)

4:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope u had a lovely day xxxx

8:33 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I did, and I had a great time when we went out for our meal Monday night! We'll have to do that again soon (maybe minus that dessert though!) ;-)

2:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home