23 July 2006

Surgery Success

I'm pleased to report that my gall bladder surgery on Thursday went very smoothly. I was the first into theatre that morning, and it went off with no complications, so I was home yesterday afternoon. I have Frankenstein looking stitches on four places on my abdomen, but hopefully they'll fade to little white lines before too long.

I actually feel pretty good now. I'm sore, and the one incision that had a drain sticking out of it for 24 hours is very tender. When the nurse took the drain out, she had warned me to take a few deep breaths, but I didn't know it was going to feel like she was ripping my lung out!

A few more days of recovery, and I'm going to start making plans for finding a job and a house. Time to get on with my life!

7 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

When the nurse took the drain out, she had warned me to take a few deep breaths, but I didn't know it was going to feel like she was ripping my lung out!
O.O Fuck! (Pardonez moi français. :P)

When I had my hernia surgery, it was outpatient, so I had nothing like that to deal with. Of course, when I had the bone graft done in my neck, afterwards, my neck felt fine, and my hip felt like they had been hammering away at my bones with a jackhammer!

6:05 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Oh, I really should add that I'm glad the surgery was a success and I hope that your continued recovery goes well, too. I'm sure you're happy to finally have this behind you.

6:06 am  
Blogger Lana said...

Hi Mel

Glad to hear surgery went well and that you are home again. Hopefully your recovery will continue to go well.

10:14 pm  
Blogger monstro said...

I'm glad to know everything went okay! I hope the recovery continues smoothly. :)

12:02 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Hey! Did you delete your "Beaten Path" blog? I was clicking through some old links in my blog today and got the message "No Found".

Hope all is going well with you, Mel.

11:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOO HOOO!!!!!! Glad to hear all went well, my friend. Heal up quickly and get on with that fabulous plan of yours....LIFE!
I'm so happy to hear you sounding so positive.
*HUGS*

7:46 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Where are ya, woman? :P Hidin'?

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home