11 December 2004

Christmas is Coming

Today is the first day I've been excited about Christmas! I don't know why, it just finally kicked in. I've known that it was fast approaching because I've been buying things in for my craft shop for making Christmas decorations and presents, but today I started to get excited for myself. I think it started when I was trying to come up with an inexpensive, yet effective, window display for the shop. There's a big Victorian market in the village on Thursday, and there's a prize for the best window display. Our main competition is the florist across the road, and she's already mad at us for opening our shop in the first place because we sell ribbon, and we sell it cheaper than she does.

My two oldest kids are off to America to stay with their dad for the holidays. My two youngest kids are off to the other side of town for the holidays with their dad. My step-son is spending Christmas with his mum this year. Now, I have two choices. I can be depressed because we won't have any kids, or I can turn it into something positive. Because that's the kind of person I am, I've decided upon the latter. I can't change the fact that my kids are going to see their dads (yes, "dads" plural, long story, I might tell you one day ...), unless I want a hurried and expensive court battle that I wouldn't win anyway because I have no grounds for a court battle.

So the plan is that Christmas Day and Boxing Day will involve the following: eating good food, watching the telly, binging on chocolates and consuming alcohol. Hey, I'm not driving anywhere, so why not? I even bought some drinking material today ... Yum! I bought some chocolate too, but I ended up eating most of those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home