24 December 2004

Posh and Becks: Not Worth Two Cents

And here's my two cents on the latest news concerning the couple.

I think they are headed for multi-millionaire weird in the same vein as Michael Jackson. In no way do I mean to imply anything related to the current and past allegations against Jackson in regards to the Beckhams. I'm referring to the Neverland Theme Park/ wanting to buy the Elephant Man's remains kind of weird.

Their wedding was horrible enough, but now they've had their two sons christened. Since Posh is pregnant again, I can only imagine how she's going to try to top this christening:

The christening - what's been reported:

-- The event cost £500,000
-- 100 close friends and family attended
-- Each took away a diamond as a gift
-- The chapel was specially built at a cost of £100,000
-- The christenings were conducted by the Rt Rev Paul Colton, Bishop of Cork, who married the couple five years ago
-- £75,000 was spent on flowers
-- Catering, including a six-course meal, cost £150,000
-- Becks took delivery of a £73,000 Humvee Hummer on the day
-- The £1,000 christening cake was made by Savoir Designs, who did Madonna's wedding cake
-- Guests had a personal butler per couple.

Source: Sky News

This was no christening. This was no religious event. This was a publicity stunt. Maximum expenditure for maximum coverage. Maximum weird, if you ask me. I would rather be poor.

4 Comments:

Blogger zuzula said...

I like the way Victoria demanded that all her female guests dress modestly so as not to upstage her! Think I might try that tactic with my more glamorous friends in the new year - just refuse to invite them over unless they arrive looking more fat and frumpy than me :)

hope you're having a fab xmas

7:51 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Yeah, since she's pregnant the fat bit might be a bit difficult for the guests! LOL Liz Hurley showed up in a low cut dress though. I'm sure she's not on the list for the next extravaganza!

Hope you're having a nice one!

10:23 pm  
Blogger zuzula said...

Good ole Liz - you can always rely on her to upstage absolutely everyone! Have you heard about her back though? Apparently her skin is really loose because she lost so much weight so quickly post-baby - and it sags in big creases. eugh. an excuse to eat more if ever there was one...

7:14 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

They say you can't be too rich or too skinny. I disagree. If you have too much money, you have a lot to lose. If you're too skinny, you are just plain too skinny! I used to be skinny, back in the days before I had kids. Before having my daughter, I had an 18 inch waist. I look at pictures of me and think that yes, I was definitely too skinny! Hey, what can I say? I'm built for comfort, not for speed!

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home