20 January 2005

Will the New Texas Governor Be Kinky?

No, this isn't a post about sex, and shame on you for thinking it would be!

The election for governor of my wonderful home state of Texas is in 2006, and already candidates are coming out of the woodwork. According to CNN.com one such candidate is Kinky Friedman, a singer with "The Texas Jewboys" and best-selling author. He says he wants to fight the "wussification of Texas" and style his campaign on those of Governors Arnie and the pro-wrestler Jesse Ventura.

A possible candidate running against him is Senator Kay Bailey-Hutchinson. I remember Kay Bailey from my years living in Texas. She is my second least-favourite Texas politician, trailing only behind George W. Bush. I didn't vote for him when he ran for governor, and if I'm still eligible, I won't vote for her either.

You know, the more I watch US politics, the more convinced I am that I need to apply for British citizenship.

3 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

You're starting to sound like me! LOL How hard is it to get citizenship there?

2:58 am  
Blogger Jenni said...

I am totally cracking up (which when you think about it, is not a good side effect of reading about possible politicians). "Wussification"? What is it with Texas producing politicians who just make up words (ie: strategry, misunderestimated)?

P.S. I added you to my blogroll today!

4:21 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Gary, I think you'd find it easy because you're technically a half-Brit anyway. ;-) I've got two of those running around the house somewhere. For me, I'll let you know. Being married to a British citizen I only have to live here three years to qualify. If you aren't married to a British citizen you have to live here five years. It doesn't matter anyway because I've lived here seven years. I'm going to apply as the wife of a citizen though because I get a £14 discount. LMAO

Jenni, George W. isn't really a Texan. I looked it up. He was born in Connecticut, I think (it was a while back when I looked it up). I don't count him as a real Texan. LMAO Other than that, Texans are just eccentric. That's the only explanation there is for me being the way I am.

Thanks for adding me, you're a star!

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home