08 February 2005

Diary Entry

12.38 pm I got my results back for my criminological theory exam and my criminological research methods essay. I did well on both of them! I got a 71 on my exam (which I still have trouble getting used to since a 71 in the US would have been a mediocre "C", but here it would be about the equivalent of a 90 or "A-"), which is absolutely incredible considering I had just fallen down the stairs! I got a 65 on the essay (that isn't a "D" but the equivalent of about an 85 or a "B"), so out of the four assignments I've had back so far, I've had a first, a 2:1, a 2:2 and a third. The third was in criminal law. Well, hopefully I can pull them up. I almost wish I'd decided just to do criminology instead of the law part as well!

After I got my results, I saw Jamie in the queue waiting to get his. I pulled a face at him and then showed him the 71, and he said something like, "That's crap. With marks like that you should give up trying to study and stay home to be a mother and housewife". I pretended I was going to hit him, but I know he was joking because I'd told him about my first experience with university and some of the attitudes I had to put up with. Adam offered to throw me down the stairs before my next exam.

Hopefully the kids will let me get some studying done this afternoon, but boy, I could use a nap right now!

5.10 pm My goodness, the kids are definitely driving me nuts today! This morning when I got up at 7.40 (yes, I know I'm lazy!), Braden was brushing his teeth. No one had let the dog out for a pee, so I asked him if he could do that. His response was, "I'll just go take him for a walk down to the garages in a minute". The garages are behind the house, and there's a field where dogs can run around and have a poo. Anyway, I went to the toiletl, then followed Braden downstairs. The dog was sitting at the back door with no sign of Braden. I heard him taking the bin around to the front of the house, so I thought he'd be straight back in. Nope. He took off for school. When he got home, he tried to tell me that he took the dog for a walk in the time it took me to have a pee and walk downstairs. I don't think so. I'll bet he thinks I went back to bed. Malorie was long gone by the time I got downstairs. The rule in this house is that if they want to leave before 8.00, they have to tell either Simon or me. It's for their own safety so I know what time they have left if something happens to them. I tell them over and over again, and no luck. They completely ignore me, unless they know I'm awake when they're ready to go.

Ricky and Jack are just hyper. So much for studying. Simon said he bet I didn't do any because the kids were driving me nuts, and I'm determined not to give him a chance to say "I told you so".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home