17 February 2005

Idiots of the Week

Despite my best efforts, I just couldn't top these idiots, so I decided to move them back up to the top of the page and officially name them my Idiots of the Week.

It seems I have the cold that has been attacking most of my family and friends world-wide, so I'm not up to doing much blogging. Being a blogging addict, however, I felt compelled to sit at the computer as long as possible. That should only be a few minutes seeing as how my eyes are watery and my nose is doing things that I don't think I should describe in public.

So, a few notes on the world as I see it:

Seems that Michael Jackson is poorly too. Awww, couldn't manage to go to court today and went to the Emergency Room to get a sick note so the judge wouldn't get pissed off at him for being a no-show. What a nice judge! He gave him the rest of the week off, and all the potential jurors have to put their lives on hold a bit longer. Still, I'm with the judge on this one: better for him to stay away if he's sick than pass on the flu to everyone else!

Ken Livingstone should join up with Prince Harry for a Nazi-commemoration fest, based on the quote the London mayor gave to a Jewish newspaper reporter, accusing the reporter of acting like a guard in a German concentration camp. I'm sure the reporter's "scumbag" newspaper bosses were rubbing their hands together with glee when Mayor Ken handed them that one on a silver platter.

It seems that Mary Kay Letourneau is back in the news. The woman who became infamous following her affair with a twelve year old student, and who gave birth to two daughters by this youngster, is set to marry him now. Let's hope her girls don't bring any of their male classmates home to meet mum!

And a big WHOOPS! to the man and woman who decided that, after consuming a bottle of Baileys between them, they were going to have sex in the corridor at Manchester Airport to celebrate Valentine's Day. That's one way to consummate a new relationship, seeing as they had known each other all of, oh, I don't know, one morning?

I see a theme growing here. Looks like I'm going to have lots of ammo to pick a couple of Idiots of the Week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Manchester Airport: If that is what it takes to get a date for Valentine's Day, I am more than happy to be single :)

Hope you feel better soon!

3:38 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks Jenni! I'm back at school tomorrow, so I must be better. LOL Not much choice. It's only a rotten cold anyway.

Yep, I'd rather be single than think I've got to pick up some stranger in the airport! No telling what this couple was like if it took them a bottle of Baileys to hit it off! LMAO

12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home