17 February 2005

That's Not Funny!

Cheers, Amazon.co.uk! You had me worried for a while.

When it was available for pre-ordering, I placed my order for the sixth Harry Potter book. That way, just like when number five came out, I can have my copy bright and early without having to get out and queue up.

But today I had an email from Amazon saying that this book would not be available in the "foreseeable future"! Horrified, I checked news websites to see if there were word that JK Rowling or her publisher had postponed publication. Not a word. (Though there was a story about how my ferry to mainland Europe might be delayed on Monday morning, but that's another matter.) I checked Rowling's official site. Nothing on there.

Finally, once my brain kicked into gear, I checked my account on Amazon. Sure enough, safe and well, there was my order right where it should be.

I know. I'm worse than the kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

do you know the date of when it will be released?? 'cause here in sweden it will be later if you want the swedish copy....but I don't want the swedish one, I want the english one, I have realized that the books are better in english, the translators aren't always very good at their job...

and yes, 5 posts with nothing in thme is much!!!! =)

7:58 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

The official release date of the English version is the 16th of July.

That's such a shame that you can't get a good copy in Swedish. You would think that with such a popular series of books they would have their best translators on it!

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home