06 March 2005

Diary Entry

4.17 am Braden and Daniel were going to keep me company while I watched the race, but the pair of them are passed out in the living room. These youngsters have no stamina! They didn't even last to the first round of pit stops.

I was so excited for most of the race because Coulthard and Webber were second and third, but they seem to have lost out in the second round of pits and are now fourth and fifth. The good news is that Schumi is out of the race after making a silly mistake and taking himself and Heidfeld out of the race.

As soon as it's over I have to go wake Grumpy up.

4.40 am Grumpy woke himself up just before the end of the race. I'm a happy camper. To say that everyone wrote DC off at the end of last year when his career with McLaren, and even before that when McLaren made the stupid decision to announce they'd signed Montoya a year earlier, I think fourth place is pretty damn good! I'm sure there will be some who say that it was because of the rain yesterday helping him get a good grid position for the race, but he had the pace all through the race and kept up with the front runners. Hell, he was one of the front runners, in the top three for a lot of the race!

12.56 pm I didn't do too bad on the sleep front, and now I've got to go get ready to spend the day in the library. I'd planned to be there for 1.00, so looks like I'm late! Good thing they're my own plans.

Daniel actually told me "Happy Mother's Day". Malorie forgot, and Braden hasn't said anything yet, though he just kissed me on the head.

Malorie and Braden's dad has just phoned to speak to them. I absolutely hate how he speaks to me, like I'm the answering service or a secretary: "Are Malorie and Braden available, please?" At least he's polite, but I do not appreciate being talked down to, and he always talks down to me.

5.06 pm Five minute break from the statistical crap. I've been working on this crim research methods stuff for two hours, have made almost no head-way, and have developed a headache. I'm going to have to ask for a bit of guidance on it. Not help, just guidance. I've missed too many seminars, thanks to first the flu bug I had, then going to Brussels, then my abcess. I've printed off all the materials to help me pick up some things, but I'm just not grasping it yet. Still, at least I've started on it now instead of waiting until the 27th of April, since it's due the 28th! Maybe I can work it out in time!

It never fails. There's always a snogging couple in the library when I'm trying to study. Not that I have anything against snogging. Exactly the opposite. It's just distracting because I keep wanting to laugh, they look so smug and self-satisfied, like naughty school children. I suppose that's what they are.

I'm starting to get a bit upset about having to miss my high school reunion. I really would have liked to have gone, but I'll just have to get on with it. For some reason lots of high school memories have come flooding back to me recently. Today when I was driving here, I was thinking of the Mam'selle dance I went to and took Brian Worsham as my date. We worked together at the time, and we were friends. I didn't have a date, and he wanted to see the look on his ex-girlfriend's face when he walked in. It worked. She was outraged. That was a great night!

6.56 pm Well, happy Mother's Day to me. I had a text message from Simon when I was in the library saying he'd be home in a couple of hours, so I came home early and got here just a few minutes after he did. The first thing I was told was that I was going to have to take Daniel home. I said last night that Simon was going to need to make arrangements for Daniel's mum to come pick him up, but I guess he decided it would be easier if I do it. Even though that pissed me off, I nicely asked him if he had a good time at the computer fair today. His response? "NO! Would you have had fun if you had a cold like this?"

Malorie phoned me while I was in the library and asked if she could start making mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, etc, and I said yes. She was just finishing it off when I got home. She asked Simon if he wanted some, and he said no, he wasn't hungry, so she proceded to put all the food on three plates, for her, Braden and Daniel. No one bothered to ask me if I wanted any, and I did.

Then to top it off, Ricky and Jack haven't even phoned me today. It's Mother's Day. I'm not going to go chasing them and look like I'm desperate.

I'm ready to cry now.

8.17 pm I went in the office and announced to Simon that I was stopping at KFC for my dinner after taking Daniel home. I told him I was having a crap Mother's Day and needed comfort food. I've just finished eating, and it definitely was comforting! I resisted getting a bucket all to myself and just got a three piece meal. The way I'm feeling, I could have eaten that six piece (or larger) bucket! Instead I had a normal treat instead of a chicken binge.

I'm at the dentist tomorrow, and that's making me nervous. I've never had a root canal before.

8.56 pm My day just got better. My mum and dad just rang to say hello. My dad, commenting on my dental problem, pointed out that chocolate isn't good for you. Ha ha ha. Actually it wasn't the chocolate that did it. It was the nut.

10.52 pm Simon seems to have cheered up despite being miserable with his cold. He just finished watching the race, which I taped for him when I was up all night watching it. It was interesting watching it the second time because I could pay attention to things that flew past me the first time.

Early night tonight, I think, since I have to get up to go to the dentist and then study and then go to criminal justice. My mum has made me feel a bit better about the root canal because she said she's had them before and they were no big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home