14 December 2005

So What's Up on Melinda's Planet?

I've had my last lecture and my last seminar for 2005! No more until the very end of January or very beginning of February. I have it written down somewhere but can't be bothered to go look just for the purpose of being accurate in this post. I'm still going to go in to Sheffield during my time off. First of all, I actually like Sheffield. I lived there for a few months when I first moved to England -- eight years ago today, as a matter of fact. After moving to Chesterfield, I tried to convince my now ex-husband to move back there, but he didn't want to. Chesterfield isn't a bad place, but I just like Sheffield.

Anyway, I like the restaurants and shopping there. I also want to keep going to the gym as much as possible, seeing as how I've been slacking lately. And I'm not missing my Tae Kwon Do classes. I've moved up from two hours a week to four a week. Today's lesson was hilarious, although I don't think it should have been. During the second hour, we were learning some self-defence techniques. Fortunately Amy was there so I had a female partner to practice with, because at one point she whispered to me, "Is this Tae Kwon Do or the Kama Sutra?" Some of the positions we had to get into ... Saying that, maybe it would have been a lot more fun if we had mixed sex couples practicing together, especially if I got to practice with someone I quite fancy. I don't think Mark Webber would have been available, but maybe ... Nah, I think I better keep my mouth shut, or at least stop typing at this point. People think I'm fruity enough as it is without having every guy I know worried.

After feeling really homesick and down in the dumps yesterday, I am feeling much better today. Still not back to my usual smart-ass self, but not far off. The Tae Kwon Do did help because of laughing so hard, but I also got to take some aggression out on the kick pads. Yesterday someone really pissed me off, and it was good motivation for kicking. Usually my kicks are really wimpy, but today Amy said, "Don't hurt me". I must have improved with this new motivation.

Back to being homesick yesterday. It's just that time of the year when I realise I'm not going to see my family for the holidays. Most people are pretty sympathetic about that. Simon's not very sympathetic. I don't know why. I've found a couple of family pictures that I'm going to post on here.

Granny Sir Ricky
My mom and dad with Ricky

Granny & Sir
My mom and dad with my nephew Chase

lecter
My dad doing his Hannibal Lecter impression in his workshop

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

You'll be okay. :) :hug:

6:04 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm already feeling much better, thanks Gary! :-)

7:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home