14 January 2006

I'm Improving!

Wow, I had such a buzz after Tae Kwon Do today! My instructor said that my chon-ji pattern has improved so much in the past week that I stand a chance of actually winning in the tournament next month!

I'm not as confident as he is because I'm not sure whether he really meant it (he is sometimes a judge at these tournaments) or if he's trying to boost my confidence, but I still felt good at hearing him say it! There's still an issue of nerves on the day of the tournament, regardless of how good I am, and there's also the issue of me tripping and falling flat on my face. Occasionally, when I'm in the middle of practicing the pattern, my foot sticks to the floor when it should be sliding gracefully, or I kick the back of my other leg and stumble. I'm trying not to think of those things, but at least I have the mentality that I will laugh at myself, pick myself up and try again another day if that does happen in the middle of competing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home