10 February 2006

What a Day!

I should have spent today preparing for the Tae Kwon Do tournament and the trip to Strasbourg and Brussels. Instead I spent the morning preparing for my moot this afternoon, and then I mooted for two hours. I didn't have much hopes of winning the case because neither Gautier nor I have ever mooted before, and I wasn't disappointed as far as the facts of the case went. It was a legal draw.

BUT as far as style, content and arguments went, we scored high enough to be one of the eight teams to go on to the second round of the competition! Talk about stunned. I really thought I blew it when I deviated from my written script and basically argued with the "judge", but she said that was the best part!

I've received the case for the next round, and I realised that it was either an assignment or exam question last year. I have a feeling it was the assignment I handed in last January, but do I still have that paper? Not that I can find anywhere.

I did spend this afternoon packing my clothes and the kettle. The kettle is a necessity since it seems that most of our stay will be in a hotel with no tea and coffee making facilities. Since I'm on an extremely limited budget, I need the kettle for my coffee, cappuccinos and Pot Noodles.

It will be an early night for me tonight! I have to be up at six tomorrow morning to head off for the tournament! I hate early mornings.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you got an adaptor for the European electrikery sockets if you're planning on using the kettle?!

Oh, and congrats and good luck again! ;-)

9:30 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Of course I do, silly! It's the same one I use to charge my rechargable batteries. LOL It was also one of the first things I packed after the kettle went in the suitcase.

I've stocked up on Pot Noodles, Alpen, bagels, cereal bars, nuts and chocolate-hazelnut spread. Plus lots of Options hot chocolates and instant cappuccino. And yes, I packed a bowl, a plate, mugs and cutlery! ;-)

Thanks Kate. I've been so busy packing I haven't had much time to be nervous about tomorrow!

10:06 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

On the adapter thing, I meant it's the same adapter I use when I need to plug in my battery charger. I thought I should make that clear since it didn't make sense when I read it back. LOL

10:06 pm  
Blogger Jenni said...

I can't really get into mooting...am I a law school abnormality? What do you enjoy about it?

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home