09 February 2006

Can't Sleep

I've got too much going on at the moment, which is not conducive to good sleep! I've got to prepare for my moot on Friday, and I've got a few nerves about that because I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be. The pair who win go on to the next round, and the ultimate winners get a cash prize.

Then there's the Tae Kwon Do competition on Saturday. Big nerves about that one. I keep going through chon-ji in my head even though I'm trying not to.

And I can't help but try to figure out how to manage that Brussels trip next week. It's not like I need to buy souvenirs and all the crap I spent a fortune on last year. I'm also not drinking a whole lot, so I'm sure I could reduce that to nothing. As far as food goes, I could do the suitcase stocked full of groceries from Tesco, and then just nick chips off other people's plates. Dennis said that I could sit and watch him eat his steak, and he'd throw me some of his carrots. Cheeky git. Still, six days in Europe ... It'll be worth a bit of steak-watching.

Shame it's not Australian beef. I know that comment was way out in left field (baseball expression, sorry), but I'm tired, and the mention of steak reminded me of a picture I've seen recently with Mark Webber labeled as Australian beef. I wonder who has that picture?

6 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Ahhh, so you're still out there somewhere! LOL

I thought you'd like the Aussie beef comment. There's a story behind it, but it's not my story so I better keep it quiet. *shhhh*

You know, someone actually called me a pom a couple of days ago. Remind me to correct him next time I chat to him (Kate, remind me to correct Dane cuz when we were talking about going to Australia in 2008, he said we were all poms!).

6.25 am and I'm awake again.

6:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Australian beef?

I don't know what you could be talking about... *whistles innocently*

8:20 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

No, I was probably experiencing temporary insanity when I came up with the reference to Australian beef ...

*giggles because she knows that's not true*

10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, OK. Let's to prove my insanity to the world.

When t'other half & I were out food shopping we were being silly and looking out for F1-related items. Jenson Button mushrooms, Trulli wine....

As we're walking down the meat aisle I comment "Ooooh, Australian beef - I'd like some of that!"

*Ahem*

So last time we had a nice juicy piece of steak, t'other half decided to stick the label on one of my photos of Mark Webber. See, we both love Australian beef! :-D

12:30 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

And here I was going to let it look like I was the insane one, but you've gone and let people know you're as nuts as I am! :-)

2:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont know if you two still are planning to go out tonight, but if you do I hope you will have a great time!!

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home