24 November 2006

Not a Bad Day ...

My dial-up hell is over! AOL have finally reconnected my broadband at the new house, and now I only have to deal with a desktop computer badly in need of a reformatting. But in the meantime at least I don't have to live with a dial-up connection that disconnects me every five minutes. That made chatting on MSN rather difficult to say the least! So I'm back now!

I also have a working fridge as well as a freezer! The washing machine decided it didn't want to work after standing unused for eight months, but the fridge is fine. (I know, how boring am I, blogging about a fridge and a washer ...)

Malorie had her first ride on a train yesterday, and boy! is she a miserable traveller! On the trip up to Leeds she complained that she was worried the train would crash, she was bored and there were no cute boys on the train with us. I think she forgot all about that when we got there and had a great Thanksgiving dinner ... plus she had an internet connection she could sit on for hours! I haven't told her the broadband is working here at home though.

At least she was a fairly good traveller on the way home today. I introduced her to Starbucks at the station (we don't have one in Chesterfield, too much of a hick town I guess), where she immediately fixated on a double chocolate muffin that, after I bought it, she decided to give to Braden when we got home. He never got it though. She changed her mind as soon as he saw it. Still no cute boys on the train for her to look at, but she didn't complain about it as much!

David was an absolute doll in inviting us up for Thanksgiving. He didn't let me lift a finger, and he'd even bought my favourite drink! While Malorie was on the computer we watched three movies (plus two episodes of Red Dwarf), and it was the most chilled Thanksgiving I've ever had!

I have so got to get a cooker as soon as I can ... I owe David a couple of meals I promised to cook, and I didn't intend them to be microwave meals when I said I'd demonstrate my skills in the kitchen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home