05 November 2006

Witchfest!

Today I went to my first Witchfest, and I have to say it was probably the best day out I've had since Donna and I went to the British Grand Prix in June! Partly because of the experience of the whole gathering, but also because of the wonderful company I had.

It was only just over a week ago that I had my first opportunity to sit down face to face with another person in the Craft when David came down to meet me, and today it felt absolutely wonderful to be surrounded by hundreds of others! Okay, it was also very weird seeing so many grown women dressed as fairies ... but that's fine. To each their own. The one with the Spock ears was a bit much. Oops, sorry David. I forgot I'm not supposed to call them Spock ears!

One of the real highlights of the day was getting a book signed by Kate West. The first book on Witchcraft I read was written by her, and I think I have all but one of her books. I did have two missing from my collection, but today I bought "The Real Witches' Book of Spells and Rituals". She was very nice, and I'm pleased that I had a chance to meet her.

The stalls were great, and I ended up buying a pentagram ring and pendant, and a new chalice. It's only a little one ... but I thought it suits me quite well. Very simple. There were so many other things I could have bought, including a very witchy dress. That can wait for a while though. It was quite sexy though.

And I really have to thank David again for taking me down there, for being such wonderful company, and for helping me make coffee when we made it back to Chesterfield ...

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Sounds like you had a blast, Mel! :D

I really enjoyed my time with Sara here. She went back to Portugal this past Tuesday. I miss her already! Hell, I missed her when I drove away from the bloody airport!

I'm hoping to post some photos from her stay, and, if you like, I can send you copies of the photos I took of her, since she doesn't like photos of herself posted on the web.

4:52 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Yes please send pics, Gary! I'd love to see them! :-)

I'm glad you had such a good time while she was there, and I know how it feels to miss someone ...

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home