11 November 2006

New House, New Man ...

Things are going really well at the moment! (Fingers crossed because every time I say that I end up jinxing myself ...) I've spent the past few days painting in my new house, and today I finished the kitchen! It looks incredible with the new cupboards and work tops, and now with freshly painted walls! Here's before and kind of during. After will be when I get everything moved in and the kitchen set up properly.

DSC_0010

Kitchen - During

I haven't had to do it all myself either. Ricky and Jack helped me today by painting the first coat in the niche under the stairs.

The Boys

And just proof that I'm the one doing the rest of the painting ... No comments on my ass, please!

Melinda Painting

I've started on the living room today but was so knackered from climbing on things, under things, around things to paint in the kitchen that after one wall I came home to rest my aching muscles!

As for the new love interest, he's an incredible man named David. I won't spill too much for now because, like I said, I tend to jinx things. We went to Witchfest together last weekend and had a wonderful time! I don't think we stopped talking the entire drive down to London and back! He's also come down from where he lives (about an hour's drive) to help me with things like sort my car out and pick out paint for the house. We've already had one trial with dealing with a "cyber stalker" on MySpace who tried to convince me that he wanted her instead of me, but the woman was obviously nuts! She started to target me on there, but now she's switched back to focusing on him. Instead of driving us apart though it's brought us closer together, and now we just laugh at the nerve of the woman! She seems to think she's the centre of the universe!

I also had a second interview with a company this week, and I should hear Monday if I've got the job. It's an entry level position with a legal company, but it's a start. It's regular hours, decent pay, and the kind of job where I can leave the headaches of work at my desk at 5 o'clock! With the little two monsters still so young, it's perfect!

4 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

I like the new digs. :D And, can I copy that photo of you so that I can literally put "comments on [your] ass?" :P

11:40 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

I'll take your lack of response as a no. :P LOL

2:30 am  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hey watch it you! LMAO No comments on my ass either literally or figuratively! :-P

11:46 am  
Blogger g d townshende said...

And what if they were complimentary comments? :P Would you still refuse?

8:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home