26 February 2007

What a Weekend!

Okay, I'm hooked. I was really enjoying watching the Six Nations on the telly, but now that I've actually been to a match ... You just can't beat seeing something live! And I'm thrilled to have been at a match where Italy had their first away win in the Six Nations. That first eight minutes of play is something I'll never forget!

I also made my first ever trip to Scotland. You'd think that having been in Britain for over nine years I'd have been there, but better late than never! I did get to see a few sites, though I didn't go for the sightseeing. I went for the rugby. But I'll never stop being a history nut, so it was great having a look around Linlithgow Palace and to catch a glimpse (albeit through drunken eyes) at Edinburgh Castle.

One very interesting experience was being in an Irish pub in Edinburgh watching England play Ireland. Needless to say there weren't very many England supporters in there! It was packed to the point of not being able to move, but I loved every minute of it.

On the way back to England we managed to catch up with my mate Pauline, which was wonderful! We chat online and text each other a lot, but you can't beat meeting up with some one face to face.

I didn't take my proper digital camera because, like I said, I didn't go for the sightseeing, I went for the rugby and didn't want to be out drinking with a big ol' camera around my neck. I did get a few pics with my camera phone though.

Linlithgow Palace
Linlithgow Palace - birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots

David
David at Linlithgow Palace

Linlithgow Church
The church at Linlithgow Palace

Linlithgow Palace
Linlithgow Palace

Pipes and Drums at Murray Field
The Pipes and Drums at Murray Field

Scotland and Italy
Scotland and Italy

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

You know, for pics from a camera phone, those look pretty damned good! :D

8:03 am  
Blogger Cori said...

Hi Melinda! You posted to my blog (http://developingpatience.blogspot.com) forever ago and I thought I'd check in to see what's new with you! I'm so jealous of your European experiences and look forward to reading more about them!
Cheerio! (Do they really say that there?)
Oh and I have to agree with the other poster - those camera phone pics are AWESOME!

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home