02 January 2007

DIY Project

I'm so proud of myself I just had to post a picture. My DIY skills are definitely improving! I've never put up a curtain pole by myself, but tonight I did it!

DIY Project

Okay, I know. It's no big deal putting up a curtain pole. But to me it's an accomplishment because I'd been procrastinating. I'm usually crap at doing stuff like that. I almost gave up once tonight because I thought I was doing something wrong. A long hot bath gave me time to come up with an idea how to fix it, and it worked.

And yes, I did iron the curtains before I hung them. It wasn't until I saw the picture and saw the shadows in the creases that I realised it didn't look ironed. I am not taking them down tonight to re-iron though ... I don't want to start swearing again!

Now I've just got to figure out how to install the new light fitting in the kitchen ... Best get some help with that one. I wonder if my dad is willing to fly over to lend me a hand. Then again, after he put the ceiling fan up in the living room in 1980, it took almost 20 years for him to wire it in properly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I totally thought "Iron, girl, iron!" Then I read your article. The rod looks awesome. And if you can just dampen the curtains with a water sprayer, then tug gently at the bottom and smooth them out, maybe they will dry less wrinkly. Anything to avoid ironing. I'm with you there.

6:06 pm  
Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks for that tip, Nancy! That's just what I'll do! :-)

7:55 pm  
Blogger g d townshende said...

Does this make you the DIY F1 Chick? :P LOL

10:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home