24 December 2006

Happy Holidays!

Another Christmas Eve is here, and the massive build-up to Christmas that started before Halloween will be over in a flurry of torn wrapping paper in less than 24 hours.

But this Christmas has been very different for me. Yes, I've bought the presents, wrapped them, and put them under the tree. My season started earlier this month with Yule, and instead of a sharp peak the morning of the 25th, I've enjoyed a steady celebration of a season instead of a blast of one day's festivities.

I will enjoy tomorrow, there's no doubt about that. I'm spending the night with my boys at their dad's house tonight and will get to see them wake up and open their presents in the morning. I'll share a few drinks with Donna while we cook the Christmas dinner (with me dashing back and forth between our two houses), and hopefully I'll be quite merry by the time the turkey is served. What's not to look forward to there? It'll be interesting to see just how many lewd jokes Richard's Uncle Eric tells, but you can't be around Richard without hearing them so there's not a lot of difference having two of them playing at being comedians. David and I also have plans for Christmas night and Boxing Day that I've really been looking forward to!

What I've already enjoyed is reflection over a few weeks of Yule ceremonies and candle lighting. I feel content, not rushed. I've enjoyed a couple of conversations online with Pauline and Don, two of my dearest friends. For the first time I can remember, I'm relaxed on the 24th of December.

That is apart from the housework I'm trying to make up for after two days of being a bit sore from my encounter with a white van driver ... But hey, even he wished me a Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home