30 December 2006

My Goals for 2007

Yes, I decided that with less than two days to go until 2006 is over, I better think about some goals for 2007. Actually I've been thinking of them for some time, but they've been developing and now I think I'm ready to commit them to pen and paper. Well, keyboard and internet anyway! They might change because I'm still thinking about them and refining them.

1. Get a better (or at least more challenging) job. I'm grateful to have the job I have, and it's not the worst I've ever had. Unfortunately the pay is crap and the work is hardly intellectually stimulating. I'm planning on applying to the Probation Service when they have their recruitment period in March.

2. Get my house sorted! I still need a few essentials, like carpet, but all in all it's come along a lot faster than I thought. I just need to get off my ass and do the decorating!

3. Have a real holiday abroad. I needed to carry that over from 2006's goals since I didn't do it. I will ... eventually!

4. Work on the novel I always said I was going to write. So many ideas, so little actually work done.

5. Go to the British Grand Prix. No explanation required for this one, I don't think!

6. Find a physical activity to get involved in. Get your mind out of the gutter. I meant like finding a local Tae Kwon Do school or playing tennis or something like that!

7. Spend more time in mediation and ceremonies. I feel so much better about myself after I do, and I intend to make it a more regular thing, outside the Sabbats as well as do more preparation for special days on the pagan calendar.

8. Save up for a special sporting event in 2008. I'd always said I wanted to go to the Australian GP, so that's one option.

9. Stay on top of the bills. I've been doing great, and I want to keep up the good work!

10. Stay strong. 2006 was a year that taught me a lot. I went from being a wimp who made bad choices to a strong person who thinks things through. I don't do things just because I think I have to anymore. I do things because I want to do them. I've really learned to stand up for myself, and more importantly, that I really like myself.

11. Write more in my personal journal and Book of Shadows. I haven't been doing too badly with my Book of Shadows but my personal journal is a bit hit-and-miss. I like keeping a journal though because I look back at it and see how I grow as a person.

1 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

I think you've done a fantastic job so far, Mel! Plus, the goals you've set look, I think, achievable.

I'd be interested in learning more about this "meditation and ceremonies" thing, though. What's that about? Obviously, (unless I'm sorely mistaken) you don't mean meditation in a Buddhist sort of way.

3:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home