19 February 2005

Diary Entry

9.57 am Poor Shell! She's not very well and can't go out tonight. Well, after feeling so rotten all week, I understand. I wouldn't want her to go out when she wasn't feeling up to it just for my sake. There will be other nights.

That dog is turning into a regular alarm clock, 5.00 am every morning. I wish my calls from Mother Nature were as predictable as his! That would make life so easy!

I get to go pick up the little monsters in a couple of hours. I hate it when they're gone. They're pains when they're here, but I don't really care because it's worse when they're not here making noise, making messes and fighting.

10.57 am Why is it I always get woken up during the most wonderful dreams? This morning it was a dream that Mark Webber took me out for a meal. Pizza, I think it was. It was such a lovely dream. I tried going back to sleep to finish it, but no such luck.



5.04 pm Oh poor Shell! She's not having a good day at all! On top of not feeling well and having the ear ache, now she's done something to her back. I know how painful that is.

The house seems back to normal now. Total chaos. Jack worried me for a bit when he got in the car at his dad's because he kept saying he wanted to stay at his dad's house. This is the second time he's done that. I finally got him to tell me what it is that's bothering him. It's not that he doesn't want to come home with me. He wants a break from Ricky! He said it would have been okay if Ricky had stayed at his dad's. That's a relief. I'm sure they're fed up of each other because they're together almost 24/7. We'll sort something out when I get back where one spends the night at their dad's and the other does the next night. We've done that before and it worked out well.

I cheered Jack up by getting McDonald's for dinner. He's upstairs playing as happy as a pig in mud now. That probably describes the state of their room as well.

7.00 pm I'm starting to get nervous about this trip now. I can't tell if I'm excited or apprehensive. I think part of it is not knowing anyone else who is going. Always a bit scary, but I'm a big girl (in more ways than one) so I'll survive. After moving to England where I didn't know anyone, a few days abroad will be nothing.

I've packed my CDs that I'm taking, apart from a couple that are still out in my car I need to remember to grab. At least I'll have Heart, Pat Benetar, Journey, Def Leppard and Darren Hayes. Boston, Charlie Mars and Hootie and the Blowfish are in my car. I never did put Pete's music on a CD. I did finally get all of his songs downloaded out of my email and onto my hard drive though.

Ricky and Jack have shoved a bunch of stuffed animals under their shirts and I think they're pretending to be kangaroos. They keep lifting their shirts up to give the "babies" bottles. They must be as puddled as I am.

Geez, I'm bored again.

8.22 pm Most of my stuff is packed. In fact, most of it has been packed, unpacked, and repacked. It's going to be very cold with snow and rain all week according to all the weather websites, so I've got jumpers, umbrella, etc. as well as something to go out in. And the most important thing is packed: my camera. Or should I say, my cameras plural. I've got my tiny little pocket digital camera, my proper digital camera, and two disposables. Oh, and my mobile has a camera on it. It's a shame that camera isn't great, I could have taken some great pics and sent them to people straight away. That's what I topped my phone up for, but I don't know that I'll send many picture messages.

I've been sipping this same glass of Baileys for an hour and a half now. The kids keep trying to steal it from me and I still haven't finished it. I thought I'd have a pre-piss-up piss-up, but it's no fun when you're sitting drinking while everyone else is just watching telly. Simon's on his computer, as usual. So much for my piss-up. At least I have "CSI: New York" to look forward to tonight.

10.21 pm Still bored ... I guess I could study but studying on a Saturday night makes me feel like the ultimate geek. I don't mind studying Sunday afternoons and evenings, but Saturday night is different. Simon had said that he was glad I wasn't going out tonight so we could spend the evening having a cuddle and watching a film or television. He's barely shifted from in front of his computer. The usual Saturday night.

Well, looks like I'll do something exciting, like make cards for upcoming birthdays. I think Kyli's is next out of those I haven't done yet.

12.15 am I've made a start on Kyli's card, annoyed Ricky and Jack for a while, made candles to fill an order and now am back to bored. Thank goodness for blogging. At least since it's my blog, I can write all the crap I want, especially since this one is only really here for my own benefit. I guess I'll write a few quick emails and turn in for the night. Might as well make a start on the book I'm taking with me. The sad thing is that when I lived in Texas, if I was bored like I have been today, I could have just picked up the phone and spent hours talking to someone. I know I could have phoned Shell today, but she wasn't very well and I didn't want to disturb her in case she was resting. It's hard enough to do with kids around without having the phone ringing off the wall.

Awwww, there's me feeling sorry for myself again. Actually I don't feel sorry for myself. Just stating the facts. I'm too cheerful to be pitiful no matter how I sound when I'm blogging.

I had a closer look at some pics that Jamie emailed me a few days ago. They're really good, though I only noticed earlier that one of them has him in it. That made me laugh because I noticed he was stood in these gorgeous surroundings with a fag in his hand. That is so like something I would have done before I quit smoking! I need to remember to ask him where a couple of those were taking. One looks a lot like Whitby, but there are a lot of places on the coast that look like Whitby in one way or another. There's one I'd like to go see for myself, though I'm sure it's somewhere remote and I'd have to drag someone with me. Simon would probably go, but he hates having to walk anywhere (even the shop around the corner) so no matter how much walking I want to do, he'd freak at the idea. Maybe I can get Lynn or Shell to go.

Maybe I can finish off that Mark Webber dream. I think I'll find another pic of him to post just for the sake of having something to drool over.



Oh yes! That's a good 'un!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home