19 February 2005

Something About Me #4

Most of the shows I watch on television are crime related. The majority of them are factual: "Forensic Files", "FBI Files", "Forensic Detectives", "Cold Case Files", and so on. Some of them are fictional: "CSI", "CSI: Miami", "CSI: New York", "Law and Order", "Law and Order: Special Victims Unit", "Law and Order: Criminal Intent", and so on.

But when it comes to movies, I prefer comedies or light romance. I suppose I try to strike a balance between the ultra serious criminal world I watch on telly and light hearted comedies on film. I can't watch sad dramas. There's only one reason for that: I cry like a baby. When I watched "A.I", I bawled my eyes out. The same when Julia Roberts died in "Steel Magnolias". So, instead, my films of choice are those like "While You Were Sleeping" -- my all time favourite.

Books are completely in a different direction yet again. Most of my collection consists of history books and historical romances. I love Jane Austen. And after the stresses of university, kids, etc., it's very relaxing to chill out with a romance from Johanna Lindsey. I like crime and legal novels, too, but they don't make up as much of my collection, although I do have quite a few by Jeffrey Deaver, Val McDermid and John Grisham.

I'd love to know what a psychiatrist would think of all this. I've always been a hopeless romantic, but all the crime stuff is a bit weird. No wonder I'm studying law and criminology. I can "channel" it all into something positive. Otherwise people might start to wonder about me. Okay, let me rephrase that. I know people already wonder about me. People might try to avoid me if they knew all my crime fascinations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home