18 February 2005

Diary Entry

1.29 pm I think I must have overdone it yesterday when I went to uni. I kept getting so sweaty, then cooling down again, then getting hot, over and over, so my chest really hurts today from the silly cold. I stayed in bed instead of going to my seminar, which I hated doing, but I just couldn't manage it. I have GOT to get into shape. When my next student loan installment comes, I'm joining the gym on campus. It's not just to lose weight. I happen to like the curves I've developed once I stopped looking like a stick insect, but there are bits that need firming up big time, and I don't want to wait until I'm too old and run down to do it!

Pete's sent me some more of his songs. I'm hoping to get them put onto a CD to take with me on the trip, especially his instrumentals. Not that I don't like his singing, but his instrumentals are so mellow and soothing they can be really relaxing! I've just got to get Simon to help me do it, and since Simon doesn't like Pete, this could be a challenge.

I had ordered a new top a while back from a new company I came across, and with your first purchase I was supposed to get a set of luggage. Just a small set, but I thought it looked really cool. Well, the top was out of stock, but they still sent me the free luggage! Malorie saw it and got the "I wants", as usual. It has a smaller bag that I can use for my camera and documents, etc while I'm out and about. I was going to go try to find one today, but now I don't think I'll need to. It's just batteries and tights I need to get hold of, as far as I can tell. I've even already got some snack stuff. And Pepsi. I've got four small bottles of Pepsi so I can avoid total withdrawal symptoms, so long as I ration it out!

I'm wondering if there's a chance I might manage to get a room by myself. Not that I'm such a loner that I want to be on my own, but Dennis said last night that there were still six places available, and even with him discounting the trip down to £100, there haven't been any takers. I guess it's too last minute. Since everyone else going happens to be years (if not decades) younger than me, I'm sure that I'll be the one left on my own. Oh well. I'm used to it by now.

My dreams last night were weirder than usual. I gave birth to six bats. I guess this is in contrast to the four monsters I gave birth to in real life. I also had a job on a pit crew, and Ralf Schumacher was throwing a temper tantrum. Nothing new there.

3.50 pm I've been looking at photos on a CD I made last year of all the photos I was able to salvage after the big split from Richard in 2000. I'm paranoid about losing this disc or having it corrupted because these are really the only baby photos I have of the kids, so I'm trying to put as many online as possible. At least then I can access them whenever I want, unless the websites go bust or something like that.

I found these pics of Jack today. How can I look at these and not smile?







And some of Ricky, also real gigglers:







I can't leave Braden out of it:







And even though I got Malorie recently on her birthday, I just have to post some more:







I don't have any of Daniel when he was a baby or toddler because I didn't move in with Simon until Daniel was 9, but I won't leave him out:







5.12 pm I hope those are the last bits I needed to buy for the trip. I can't afford to buy anything else! I just got some rechargeable batteries for the digital camera (it was silly to buy the regular kind when you compare the price), a new hairbrush for my shorter hair, tights, socks and bits to nibble on. Simon even went with me to Morrisons, which is a shocker. He usually doesn't go anywhere with me. I think he's going to miss me.

7.50 pm I'm a taxi again tonight. I usually get annoyed at having to play taxi for Simon and Allan, but it does give me a chance to see Shell, so I don't really mind. At least it gets me off the internet for a while. Besides, Shell and I are going out tomorrow night, and I can always remind Simon that I drove him tonight if we're stuck for a lift.

Wow, how am I going to cope next week with no internet? I wonder if they have internet cafes in Brussels.

10.36 pm I could just drop off to sleep now, but I still have to go fetch Simon and Allan from Clowne! I'm glad we aren't going to Clowne tomorrow. I'm bored with it. There's never anyone interesting there, just a bunch of kids hell-bent on getting pissed and starting fights, even (or especially) a lot of the girls. I think Brimington is more my style. There are more of us older pissheads. They still play some of the music too loud, but they play better music, not just dance hip-hop stuff. The only draw back is that none of the pubs in Brim serve Bailey's Glides! At least they didn't the last time we were there.

I don't think I'm tired actually. I think I'm bored, and there's no time to get started doing anything because I'll only have to leave to go fetch tonight's pissheads. Simon gets quite loud when he's had a lot to drink, so we'll just have to see how tonight goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home