25 February 2005

Diary Entry

I never should have mixed my drinks. I tried so hard to stay on the white wine all night, but ended up having beer poured down my throat. I was so drunk I spent half an hour in the pub toilet throwing my guts up.

Anyway, we went to the Italian restaurant for the last night party, and it was the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen in my entire life! We got all dressed up and ended up seeing some of the people with their trousers around their ankles.

The meal itself was okay, I guess, when it finally arrived. I was stealing chips off Dan's plate to start with because mine was the very last to arrive. I think I ate some of the mushrooms off his plate, too. There was a fair trade though because I wasn't all that keen on the steak, so he ate the rest of it instead of letting it go to waste.

The rumours were still going around about me and him having an affair, so at one point I think I announced that I was having his baby. I'm sure it was at that point that people realised we were just mates. After all, I've been sterilised, so I can't have anyone's baby, let alone Dan the Desperate One's!

There was also a "tradition" involving handcuffs and whipped cream. I don't know how those being handcuffed to the post in the middle of the restaurant were chosen, but I'd heard about this before I went. Having seen it for myself now, it wasn't nearly as perverted as it sounded to me at the start. It was just harmless fun. Peter Pervert was one of those tied to the post, and, by popular vote, I had to lick the cream off his chest. Not that I was given any choice. I don't know who grabbed me from behind, but I was dragged up there and someone pushed the back of my neck until I had whipped cream all over my face. I still have to say that it was only harmless fun, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just a prude who doesn't know how to have a good time. No one was hurt, and even though I wasn't given much choice in participating, I thought it was a laugh. I've been promised that next year I'm going to be tied to the post, but I'll have my choice of any man I want to lick the cream off my chest!

In the pub afterwards, I'm afraid I was too pissed to have much of a good time. When we got there, I asked Dan if he wanted a drink -- we've been buying in turn all week -- and he just looked at me funny and said no. A few minutes later I turned around and he had a drink in his hand. That kind of upset me. Not the fact he didn't want me to buy him a drink, but the way he said no and looked at me. Up until that point, even though he's my lecturer at uni, I thought we were "mates" of a sort. He even took me into his confidence about the row with the other person the night before, something I didn't ask him to do, and because I felt honoured that he had done so, I haven't divulged what he said to anyone, nor will I. If I hadn't been drinking, I would have been okay, but it did upset me.

Today I found out that it was actually a misunderstanding. When I asked him if he wanted a drink, because he was also drinking and the music was loud, he thought I asked him if he wanted a shag. That's why he said no and looked at me funny. I was glad to find that out! It is so funny now looking back at it!

Anyway, after all the puking in the toilet, I went downstairs, and still being pissed off at Dan for the snub, I asked Peter Pervert to put me into a taxi (something I wouldn't have done if he were a real pervert) to get back to the hotel. He actually went with me, which he probably regretted because the second I got out of the taxi, I puked my guts up in the road. I was so embarrassed! He just stood near me until I was done, and when I started crying and said I was embarrassed, he just laughed and told me not to be silly. He was very nice about it. I needed a drink of water desperately, and his and Dan's room was closer than mine, so I asked if I could nip in there for a drink of water. We chatted for a bit, then I realised that it might be misconstrued about me wanting to go back to his room alone, so I went up to mine.

This morning I was up bright and early to get ready to head home. I told Vicky I wasn't going to bother with make-up, but she told me she wasn't going to let me out of the room without it, so I applied a light amount. Female pride, she said. I had told her about being upset with Dan and hoping I hadn't lead Peter on. She later told them that they had caused me to need an hour's therapy before I could go to sleep! Really I had had such a wonderful week, even though I missed Simon and the kids, but the last couple of hours in the pub had tainted it somehow. The good thing is that the four of us sat together on the trip home the way we did on the trip to Brussels, and we had such a laugh together that all was well again. That's when I found out that Dan had thought I was trying to get him into bed instead of what I was really trying to do -- just buy the man a drink! I wondered why he said, "I can't, you're a student". Hey, if he thought I was trying to seduce him, at least he didn't say "I can't, you're not my type" or "I can't, you're too old/fat/ugly". That would have really killed my ego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home