20 February 2005

Diary Entry

12.48 pm That dog is definitely a canine alarm clock. He was begging to go out at exactly 5.00 again this morning. I ended up not being able to go back to sleep so I was watching "Crocodile Hunter" until just after 6.00.

Boy did we all have a lie in today! Simon, Ricky, Jack and I only just got up a little while ago. I was going to have a nap later so I would be rested when I have to head to the campus to get on the coach, but I don't really think I'll need one now. Saying that, knowing me, I'll be able to sleep regardless.

Now Jack has done a turn around. He doesn't want to go to his dad's. I think it's because I'm going away for the week, or else it's because he still wants a break from Ricky.

I know I had some pleasant dreams last night, but I don't remember them. That's a shame. I get the sense that I would have loved to have remembered them!

12.59 pm Ah-ha! I just remembered part of one of my dreams. I was in a university class, and sitting next to me was the guy I really fancied in high school, Rick Reynard. The thing that bothered me most in real life was that he never would talk to me, so in the dream, we were having great conversations about our lives now. It was a really good dream. How he ended up in my criminology seminar I'll never know, but that's the benefit of dreams.

I think I was also a police officer in part of the dream. That's where things got a bit weird, even by my standards.

3.10 pm I'm just waiting for the boys to get their shoes and socks on so I can take them back to their dad's. I guess that will take them all of an hour, knowing them!

I did a nice Sunday dinner, though Jack decided he doesn't like sausage anymore. The little swine. One day he's fussy, the next day he'll eat anything.

I'm getting more nervous.

5.00 pm The boys are back at their dad's, and I nearly cried when I dropped them off. It's one thing knowing they'll be at their dad's all week during a school holiday like last week. They're only on the other side of town, no big deal. It's different when I'll be away. I'm still excited about going, but I will miss all the kids. Malorie keeps telling me I can't go. I'm sure it would be different if she were the one going!

I also keep trying to drag Simon upstairs for an hour, but he won't leave his computer. That's just not on! He'll have his computer all to himself this week with no one to tell him to leave it for a while, and I can't even get his attention for 10 minutes. I was being optimistic when I first said an hour, but I'm actually very realistic.

6.11 pm Time always goes so slow when something important is coming up. I thought it had been a couple of hours since I blogged at 5.00. Nope, just over one hour. I've watched Chrissie kill Den on the replay of Eastenders, had a shower, shaved my legs and put some more stuff in the suitcase. I told Simon I shaved my legs because, if I got hit by a bus in Belgium, I didn't want the doctors to see me with hairy legs. He thought I said I shaved them in case I get hit on in Belgium. As if that would happen.

Now I need a nap.

7.45 pm Yep, time is just dragging on. I've done just about everything I need to do before going. I have a choice now of painting my nails or taking a nap. I think I'll take a nap and just take the stuff to do my nails with me.

I wonder if this weekend has been so boring because I have been looking forward to the trip. Everything else has seemed pale in comparison. Like someone said to me last week, when things are settled and running smoothly, it's just too boring. He says he ends up screwing things up just to make it more interesting, and I'm afraid I'm the same.

9.45 pm I'm going soon. I'm very nervous. All I have left to do it put on the make up, get my shoes and socks on and take my stuff out to the car. Yep. I'm nervous. And I heard on the news that George Bush is headed to Brussels too. That could make things more interesting, if there's a lot of security about.

Simon said he was going to throw Malorie down the stairs because then I wouldn't go. I told him that was evil. Good thing he was joking or I would have cancelled the trip to keep him from going postal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home