18 March 2005

New Year's Goals Revisited

Let's see how I'm doing. The original post is here.

1. Get on top of the debt. It's slow going, but I think I'm getting there! At least I haven't really added to my debt while bringing what I have down. I think that qualifies.

2. Make payments on time. I love online banking! I've not only been making my credit card payments on time, I've been making them when the bills come in!

3. Start the ball rolling to buy this house. This has stalled a bit while I work on number 1. It's not out of the question yet though!

4. Make the shop run at a profit. Okay, there's no shop anymore. BUT since we didn't stop the internet side of the business and have no overhead for the shop premises, I can say that chances are good that the business rather than the shop will run at a profit in the next few months.

5. Stop procrastinating with my studies. Definite improvement there! I seem to spend all my time studying. I have the added incentive now of wanting to get into that MSc programme after I graduate.

6. Keep in better touch with family and friends. Okay, because of the studies I seem to be slacking on this one. I'll try harder.

7. Finish decorating the places in the house I've started. Same here.

8. Keep the house tidier. I've tried to keep all my study materials in an organised fashion and keep going around with the duster. I need a bit more help from the rest of the family on this one now.

9. Have the occasional day off to do something frivilous. With all the studying, I'd forgotten this one!

10. Get back into photography. I have done a bit here. I even set up my Photographic Wanderings blog, and I took lots of great pics in Belgium. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'll try to get out more.

11. Lose weight! Well, I can't go to my high school reunion because they decided to have it in June rather than the more traditional time around Homecoming in the autumn, but I still plan on joining the gym on campus in a couple of weeks. I avoided the chocs in Belgium, though, as my teeth can testify, not as much as I should have.

12. Have a real holiday! No progress on this one yet.

13. Spend more mother-daughter time with Malorie. The studies are interfering with this one too, but I'm trying. When I can get her away from Braden's friends, that is!

14. Encourage my children to read more. Braden is resisting, but I have a little chart that Ricky and Jack can put stars on when they do things like finish their homework without being told off, do a chore around the house when asked to, or read to me from their school reading books. So far so good.

2 Comments:

Blogger g d townshende said...

Sounds like you're making good progress on your goals. I'm sure you've probably seen (if you visited it at all lately) that I've got all my goals posted in the top left-hand corner of my blog, where I keep track of it all. Lining things out when I get them done, noting how many books I've read, where I'm at with my weight loss, etc.

7:00 pm  
Blogger anna said...

keep up the good work! anyhow: online banking is the best! I agree, te problem is: you put in all you'r bills, you know the money enters the account and you can hear the swish of the money exiting the account....sad, but the story of my life!

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home